Chapter 22

I was at my tipping point. Lena not to mention the rest had me in the chair for four hours doing my hair, nails and scales. Then they fussed with my makeup, which smelt funny.  All the while I watched them get undressed in front of me and change into beautiful attire. They have no shame. Besides me, Viola was getting a lot of attention and she was lapping it up. She would be the main star of the show, and I would finally get to hear her voice.

Suddenly Mr Dollarnote stepped into the room with a girl on either side of him.

“Don’t worry I am here to make this goldfish shine,” he clicked his fingers and one of the girls pulled me behind a dressing screen while the other opened a box to some purple green thing that I hadn’t had enough time to look at before I was forcibly stripped and sewn into the new garment.  And then plonked down into the dreaded chair again as they got the bling out. There was a simple necklace and matching earrings and bracelet. Then they put two taillets which are basically anklets, that dangled near my monstrosity of ruffles. The refixed my hair and helped me up. “My work here is done, see you beautiful fishies later,” he waved blowing us a kiss making me want puke.

I got up to see what I looked like and gasped when I saw myself. In the four hours they had polished my entire body to almost glowing point and the dress was a green and purple similar colours to my tail. The mullet type dress had twisted chiffon drifting elegantly behind me with a sprinkle of ringtones on the strapless bodice. The jewels were nothing more than dazzling and the guy behind me was smiling from ear to ear. I turned around to find Sebastian eyeing me off while the seven began giggling.

“Do you like her Sebastian? We put a lot of TLC into her.” Lena said sliding in next to me in her dazzling white frock. “Nothing to go chitchatting away to daddy right,” she smiled.

“She can’t go out like that,” Sebastian said crossing his arms still looking at me.

“WHAT! We spent four hours on her, of course she can go, she’d probably be the prettiest one there,” Lena said pushing me behind her.

“That’s the point, you made her to pretty, I’d probably be robbed the second we left this room,” he explained the smile slowly returning. The remaining six all suddenly sighed. Oh come on, like no one didn’t see that coming. They honestly didn’t, did they? I was passed over to Sebastian who lightly kissed my cheek.

“Oh just snog her,” Dominique squealed. We all suddenly turned in surprise to the little mer who was suddenly blushing. I quickly glanced at Sebastian and we both grinned and moved to either side of Dominique.

“We better do what she says Sebastian,” I grinned and he nodded.

“Yes, we must,” we both kissed Dominique’s cheeks making her squeal and squirm beneath us.

“Nooo! Boys have cooties, yuck” she said wiping the side Sebastian kissed her. Everyone was giggling so hard I hadn’t noticed Sebastian wrap his arm around my waist and slowly drift to the door.

We slipped through and into the peaceful hallway and swam to the grand staircase leading down into the gallery. As soon as we appeared at the top of the stair case the paparazzi were onto us. The flashing lights and the countless questions overwhelmed me.