Chapter 13

I read the intricate swirly writing telling me what each delicacy was. I must have been looking over them a long time as the ditzy fangirl slid next to me pointing at a beautifully decorated slice.

“Why don’t you try our ‘Délice au chocolat séduisante’” she offered, the name rolling off her tongue with an alluring French accent. “That way you can get a thick shake with it at half price.” She smiled.

“Can i?” I turned to see if Sebastian approved. He nodded taking out his wallet. Where did he even kept that?

“Sure, and I’ll get just the pecan Danish pastry,” he said pointing to one of the duller pastries. Ditzy fangirl nodded and lead us to a fancy booth in the corner of the shop. I sat opposite Sebastian and fiddled with the table number waiting for my dessert to arrive.

The store was empty as many mers were still at work. “Is this what you had in mind for a date?” Sebastian asked lifting my blushing face. I quickly nodded and turned and looked at a painting of fruit on the wall. It was a rather generic sort of painting and wouldn’t hold anyone’s attention for more than a minute. “Do you know what ‘Délice au chocolat séduisante’ means?” he asked. I shook my head and began fiddling with the table number again. “Take a guess?” he challenged.

“Delicious chocolate something,” I answered trying to remember the little French I had learnt.

“Close, it translates to ‘Seductive chocolate delight’ he smiled. Leaning over across the table, he held my chin and tasted my lips edging his way further in. There was a sudden crash and we both jolted back to see Miss Ditzy staring at us in total bliss, while the glass laid shattered across the floor.

“Awww, that was soooooo sweet!” I swear if her voice went an octave higher, there would be more broken glass carpeting the floor. I was now sure my face was now the same colour as my hair. I looked down and played with the lacy edge of my top. Someone yelled from the kitchen and she instantly snapped out of her trance. “Oh I’m terribly sorry, let me just clean this up and I’ll get you another one.” She quickly swept up the glass and scooped the beverge and returned with a replacement strawberry flavoured thick shake. I smiled and thanked her, fingers crossed my face was back to normal.

She gently placed the delicate china plates in front of us with our selected treats. I think she must have picked the biggest and best slice for us as these ones looked better than when it was in the display cabinet. I picked up my ‘dingle-hopper’ and took a chunk off the corner and placed in on my tongue.

It was like summer dancing on the petals of springs last blooms while the gentle songs of a nightingale, lulling a newborn to sleep with all the energy for an out of control teenage party. All this and the chocolaty sensation playing on the trampoline of my tastebuds.

I slouched back into my chair rolling my eyes back in utter bliss.

“Mmmm, this is soooo good.” And it was only the first bite.

“Really let me have a taste,” Sebastian reached over and too a big forkful of my slice and popped it in his mouth. “Hmm, not bad,” he answered. I stared at him in disbelief. No one took my ‘Delicious Chocolate sedative’ French thingy and got away with it.