Chapter 3

The rest of the weekend consists of homework, Twitter, sleeping and more Twitter.

Sadly, Monday does come and I feel like crying, pulling myself out of bed and forcing myself to get ready.

"You got your lunch?" My mom peeks behind the wall from the kitchen as I slip on my shoes.

"Mom, I'm seventeen, if I don't have my lunch I'll figure something else out."

She gives me a stern look and I sigh, opening the door.

"Have a good day!"

"Will do."

I shut the door behind me and unzip my bag while walking down the driveway, making sure I actually have my lunch. I'd be pretty upset if she was right for the second time this month. I know, I know, I should've just admitted that sometimes I can be a lost cause, but she already knows that.
I get to the end of the driveway and continue walking down the sidewalk, strapping my bag back on.

"Hey neighbor!"

I gasp, startled, only to find Jaxon following behind me.

"Hi."

"Are you taking the bus?" He smiles, walking next to me.

"No Jaxon, I'm just walking towards the bus stop with a pass in my hand for fun." I fiddle with the card between my fingers and glance at him from the corner of my eye.

"Well, if you know a way to the bus, mind helping me?" He jokes holding up a similar card.
I flash him a quick death stare and continue walking to the corner.

"How long is this bus gonna take?"

I press my lips together firmly, staying quiet.

"How long does it usually take?"

I sit on the curb annoyed by his questions and place my chin in my palms. If only Ellie had the car on Mondays.

By the time I make it to school, I quickly dart down the hall and to my locker, losing Jaxon on the way.

"There you are! I have been looking for you all morning!" This voice happens to belong to Ellie.

"Um, excuse me, why weren't you on the bus this morning?" I growl, swinging open my locker.

"I had to come early to work on the art mural. Did I not tell you?"

I stiffly turn my head towards her and back to my locker.

"Oh.. I forgot."

"Uh huh, being in the loop sometimes would be helpful, now wouldn't it?" I say upset, shoving my books wherever I can fit them.

"I'm sorry," she drags out the 'y' and leans against the locker next to me, "It couldn't have been that bad. You have that new guy whose name I forget."

I take a deep breath and shut my locker, "Yes, okay, and that was the problem."

"And why was that a problem?" she nudges me gently and I shake my head, "You're pathetic."

She smiles and pretends to flip her hair gracefully, which fails considering it's only the length of her shoulders and bounces back in place, "I know."

"He's coming!" some girl gasps, clutching onto her friends arm quickly as she turns the corner.

"The art teacher found out I messed up on the corner of the mural and he's coming? Oh no." Ellie throws her books at me, "Here, in case I have to run and hide from my problems."

I get caught off guard and try to catch her books, but fail horribly and end up tripping on my own shoelace, dropping my own. Luckily, there were only two other people in the hall, which was still embarrassing, but not as bad as it could've been.
I watch as my papers fly everywhere and my books scatter the floor.