Alternate ending

~One week later~

I roll the hose back up, proud that I'm finally finished washing the car. It was almost an all morning task, but I did it.

"Butterfly!"

I give a double glance before seeing Jaxon's figure appear at the end of my driveway.

"Oh my-" I run up to him, and he grins big, holding his arms out.

Without hesitation, I jump on him, wrapping my legs around him giving him a tight hug. To be honest, I thought just jumping on him would make him fall over, but he was prepared. In return he tightens his arms around me.

"I missed you." He kisses my head, loosening his grip.

I slowly do the same, standing on my own, and look away playfully, "I wish I could say the same."

He shakes his head slightly before opening his arms wide, "You're really just going to make me stand here, not even a kiss?"

I shrug, trying to keep a straight face.

He places his thumb on one of my cheeks and his fingers on the other, squeezing my lips softly into a fish face.
"If you're not going to kiss me, I'll just kiss you." He gives me a quick kiss, before letting go of my cheeks.

"Okay, yes, I missed you too. What are you doing back?"

"The truth?" He asks keeping eye contact.

I nod.

"They found out who the person was following me. Cops are on his back, so I was safe to go for a bit."

"Well, who is it?" I raise my eyebrows and he shakes his head.

"I think it's better if you don't know."

"Why not?" I whine out, tilting my head to the side.

He laughs and stuffs his hands in his pockets, "Because Brooklyn, because I said so."

I pout and he smiles, "I do have a secret I can tell you though," I stop my pout face and give a smile.

"I love you."

I playfully push his shoulder and he lets out a laugh.

"That's not a secret," I start, yet I'm interrupted.

"Hey beautiful!"

I glance over his shoulder to see Joey smirking.

Jaxon doesn't turn around, instead whispers, "Whatever happens, I love you,"

I lower my eyebrows and he kisses my forehead, "And I'm okay with you moving on."

"Awe you didn't tell her, did you?"

He closes his eyes before turning around with his hands up, "Just don't hurt her."

"Everyone thought my uncle was crazy, but no, he was in love," Joey paces at the end of my driveway and I glance at Jaxon.

"He wasn't in love with my mom, and you're not in love with Brooklyn. It's jealously,"

"Shut up." Joey shakes his head and fiddles with his fingers.

"Joey, you don't need money to impress. I didn't, my dad didn't-"

"Shut up!" He pulls out a gun.

It feels like everything in my body becomes more aware of what's happening around me. Without giving it a second thought, I shove my weight into Jaxon, folding my arms around him. I must've done it with full force and a bunch of adrenaline considering how easily we both toppled over, rolling from the edge of the driveway onto the grass.