Chapter 12

Hey guys! I know it's not Saturday, but I thought, why not put up a bonus chapter since it's a long weekend! Vote! Comment! Follow! Spread the word! Most importantly, enjoy! :)
- Nikki xx 

I wake up the next morning feeling relaxed from last night. I don't think I've ever felt so... happy waking up.

I sit up, stretching my arms up, then drop them onto my comforter, looking around my room. Nine in the morning. Not too bad if I do say so myself.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and slowly stand up, making my way to the bathroom.

"Brooklyn, you have a visitor!" My mom calls out.

I finish up in the bathroom and smile big having Jaxon run through my mind. Darting down the stairs, I spot Juliet sitting on one of the bar stools in the kitchen.

"Hey Juliet." I look around, wondering where Jaxon is, yet don't let the smile fade.

"Hi Brooke."

My mom chuckles under her breath and Juliet spins off the chair, "Since Jaxon's gone, there's nothing to do. Do you want to spend the day together?"

Oh right. Jaxon left for the week.

I look at my mom as if I need approval to hang out with a kid younger than me.

"It's up to you. I'm going with your dad on a little trip for work and your brother surprised everyone by buying his own place. It's be good to have company with you. Hell, you're going to have the whole place to yourself. Juliet, if you want, I can talk to your mom and you can sleep over."

Her eyes light up at the offer and she grabs my hand, "We are going to have so much fun!" She squeals.

I narrow my eyes in my mom's direction as Juliet drags me away.

"I don't mean to disappoint, but I should probably get changed before we go anywhere," I motion to my pajama's and she nods, pulling me in the direction on the stairs.

"I can pick out your outfit. Jaxon never lets me pick out his outfits."

I force a smile and follow her to my room. She swings open my closet and rummages her fingers through clothes.

Surprisingly she picks out something that actually matches and looks good.

"Okay, so what are we going to do today?" She asks, flopping herself on my bed after I finish changing.

"What would you like to do?"

She perks up at the fact that I'm giving her a say, "Well, not having a sister to do anything with gave me a couple ideas."

"Oh yeah?" I raise my eyebrows impressed.

"Can you paint my nails?" She asks, looking down at her tiny fingers.

I smile and point to the other side of my room, "Check the bottom right drawer. There should be a box full of nail polish. Pick any colour you want."

She rushes to the other side and sits on her knees, pulling open the drawer. "Woah, that is a lot of nail polish," she says amazed, opening the box in front of her.

I sit on my bed and wait for her to bring a colour over.

"Can you make flower nails?" She holds the red in her hand, searching for more colours.

"I can try." I admit, I'm not very artistic, but if this is what makes Juliet happy, I can try.

She sits on the bed, facing me and hands me the polish, "You still didn't answer my question."