Last day of Summer

I woke up the next morning and got out of bed. Quickly taking a shower and putting on my England soccer jersey with some shorts. I walked outside and headed to Suzie's bedroom when I walked in I saw her sleeping. She really did look like an angel. I smiled to myself and went to her closet pulling out her jersey. It used to be mine, but I out grew it. I usally just pass down my clothes to Suzie.

I put the clothes at the foot of her bed and walked out the rooom heading for the kitchen. As I walked down the stairs I yelled, "Dad!"

"In the kitchen!" He yelled back. I walked into the kitchen with a smile. Dad looked at me and laughed.

"They won three to one!" I told him.

"Really? You'd think Italy would be better." Dad said. Thats when I noticed the guys were sitting around the table. They were staring at me with confusion.

"What?" I asked them.

"You like soccer?" Cole asked.

"I used to play," I replied.

"Play isn't the word Tori," Dad said. I really wished he would shut up but he just looked at the boys and kept talking, "This girl scored 23 goals in one season. She had a killer bicycle kick."

I rolled my eyes and went to the fridge to get some orange juice.

"Why'd you stop playing?" Shawn asked.

I sighed not taking my eyes off the orange juice in the fridge, "My mom died."

That was the end of that conversation.

"So," Dad asked, "How did England win?"

I started talking about Beckham's goal and then the other two goals. How Italy scored a header when it was a corner kick. And then more tactics. The guys actually listened in making comments every so often like "Doesn't he play for Manchester United?" or "He play's for Chelsea." After a while of talking about the game Lilly finally asked.

"So why so interested in England and not U.S.?" She asked.

Blake smirked, "Cause she likes to stare at David Beckham's abs."

I ignored the laughs coming from the boys and faced Lilly, "My mother was from England. We always cheered for her country and we still do."

I took a bite of my eggs. Suzie came in then wearing her England jersey.

"TORIIIII, you didn't tell me England played last night! I wouldn't have gone to the movies if you told me!" She siad.

I laughed, "Please I barely heard it with the music these guys were playing."

Lilly stopped eating and looked up at me, "Tori you weren't in your room the whole time were you?" Lilly asked.

The guys looked at me but before I could say no they spoke up.

"What? No, she was only there to watch the game," Shawn said.

"Yeah she was hanging out with some of our friends," Cole added.

"Yup. She met most of our friends," Blake said looking at me, "Right Tori."

I smiled, "Yeah. Your friends were great."

Lilly smiled. But my dad raised an eyebrow. He knew I wasn't much of a party person. Heck I never even wanted birthday party's. The fact of being at a party stresses me. Especially if your the host, because everyone wants your attention. And if you go to someone else's party and you don't know anyone there but the hosts, then your screwed. Even if you do know people there, they might walk out on you, leaving you to be some weirdo that stands there with no one to talk to.