Unexpected Trip

I woke up the next morning and yawned. The sun's light stremed in through the blinds. I sighed and got out of my bed. I went into the bathroom and got dressed into a t-shirt and jeans. I went into Suzie's room and found that she was already awake because her bed was empty.

I made my way downstairs and found everyone but Blake sitting at the table. I sat at the table and poured myself a glass of orange juice.

Lilly and my dad seemed to be looking at each other, kinda like they were having a mental conversation. I shrugged it off and started eating some cereal.

We heard some shuffling upstairs and we knew it was Blake. After a minute he came down and sat in one of the chairs. There seemed to be and awkward silence in the kitchen. But it was interrupted by Suzie laughing. It wasn't a hysterical laugh, it just seemed like an awkward laugh.

"What's so funny?" Cole asked.

Suzie shrugged and ate her cereal smiling.

I raised an eyebrow like everyone else.

"What?" Suzie asked once she noticed we were staring.

"You laughed," I said, "Can you tell us why?"

"Nope." She said.

What the heck? She just laughed and she won't tell us why. God I have a weird sister, but I love her anyways.

"Ummm kids, we have....news." Lilly said.

"Yeah a suprise for you guys," my dad added.

"Oh my god!" Suzie yelled, "Am I getting a little brother!"

I choked on my cereal, and the Cole choked on his milk, while Shawn accidentally spilled his orange juice, and Blake bent his spoon.

"WHAT!" We all yelled.

"No no no!" Lilly replied, "God no!"

My dad who had choked on his coffee was nodding, "No not that."

"Awwww but I don't want to be the little one anymore. It's no fun," Suzie said pouting, "This better be a good suprise."

I sighed of relief. God Suzie scared me there. I don't want another brother or sister, I already have the three from hell, and Suzie is like a bunny rabbit on a sugar high. Well she can be sometimes. I looked over at the guys, they seemed to be thinking the same.

Shawn scrambled to get some paper towels and clean the OJ. When he was done we all looked at our parents.

"We believe you four need to spend more time together," Lilly started.

Oh shit I don't like the sound of this.

"So we rented a lake house for the weekends and we're going to be spending it there." My dad said.

"WHAT!?" The four of us yelled.

"No I need to be practicing for football and soccer!" Blake said.

"Yeah I need to practice for lacrosse!" Cole yelled.

"I'm not gonna go to some god forbidden lake house! We need to practice!" Shawn said.

"I was gonna hang out with my friends!" I added.

Blake smirked, "I'm sure."

"Oh my god! A lake house!" Suzie yelled, "Can I like ride a BOAT! Daddy this is gonna be so much fun!"

My dad smiled at Suzie, "At least one of us is excited."

"I'm not going," I said.

"For once I agree with her," Cole said.