Cole's Plan

Tori's POV

When I woke up in the morning I decided I was just going to stay in bed for a while. I just wanted a moment to think.

Next week Mr. Bennett is coming back. He's coming on a Thursday after school and Mark said he was taking Friday off to be with him. So on Thursday the plan was, after school we go pick up Suzie at her school. She'll be staying in the After School Program on Thursday. The program charges fifty dollars a week so it'll only be ten dollars. After picking up Suzie we're going to drop off Cali at her house and then head to Mark's. By the time we get to Mark's house we'll still have about an hour before Mr.Bennett arrives. Dad said he would try to come after work and visit Mr.Bennett as well.

Another thing going through my mind is Halloween. It's the beginning of October and Halloween is coming up. Suzie told me she wanted to be an angel. So I helped her search the web for an angel costume, it should be coming in soon.

I love Halloween. But I suck at costume wearing. In the end I decided on just wearing a mask and all black. I don't know what my stebrothers are going to be so I'll just have to wait and see.

After thinking everything through I got up and made my way to my closet and then my bathroom. I got changed and headed downstairs. Everyone was seated around the table eating breakfast.

"Morning everyo-"

"Shhhhh!" Shawn said, "I'm at the good part!"

I frowned and looked down to see a book in his hands. I changed my glance to Cole.

'No idea,' he mouthed.

"He's been like that all morning," Blake whispered looking down at his toast. Shawn was already reading again and I quietly took a seat. Dad was reading the news paper. I mean I know they always show that in movies but my dad seriously read the paper. I think it just comes from the age group you grow in. When dad was a kid, I highly doubt they had CNN.

"Well sorry that this book is cool," Shawn said. He grabbed a piece of toast and ate it never taking his eyes off the words. He slowly nibbled on his toast, "I went to sleep at two a.m. and still I'm only a third through the book. I only have five chapters left so shut."

"What the hell happened to my brother?" Blake said.

"Blake watch your language," Lilly snapped.

Blake just went back down to his toast. Shawn kept reading. And when I glanced at Cole I noticed he was staring right at me.

I coughed, "Yeah?"

"Can I talk to you? Without disturbing him," Cole pointed at Shawn and I chuckled. I nodded my head and Cole got up grabbing my wrist and pulling me outside to the deck. He took a seat on one of the chairs and I sat on the one opposite to him.

"So what did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"Ok they're just tryouts, you might not want to but I just thought I'd be awesome."

I stared at Cole, "What are you talking about?"

"And if you want I can help you train or get you ready. And I'll always have your back when we're on the field." Cole stuttered.

"Hold on," I raised my hands to shut him up, "What are you talking about?"

Cole sighed and pulled out a sheet of paper. He handed it to me and I opened it up.

"'Panther soccer tryouts,'" I read aloud, "'People who are willing to tryout must come with all materials needed. All materials are written at the bottom.' Cole why did you give me this?"