Chapter 23: You Give Good Head

How Jason ended up wearing my underwear on his head will forever remain a mystery. He peeked out to me from the holes that were supposed to be for my legs. Luckily, they were new because if they weren't I'd literally die. Right now I was just suffering from extreme embarrassment.

"Toss another," he says.

"No! Take those off. I can't take you seriously when you're wearing my underwear on your face," I continue laughing like I have been for the last couple of hours.

"Mackenzie just toss the lemon head and I'll answer a question. We've been at it for hours, so why stop now?" We'd run out of grapes a long time ago and had to result to the unhealthy alternative of candy. "Besides this is good luck. If you wear a pretty girl's underwear on your head it brings you good luck," he says with a straight face.

I laugh even harder at this new found knowledge. "Where in the world did you get that from?"

"I read it in a fortune cookie."

"Remind me to never go to wherever you got that fortune cookie because the chefs are probably in the back playing a game of noodles and meat balls," we both laugh. "But whatever open up." I toss a lemon head and he catches it in his mouth.

"Good job," he praises. "Now ask your question."

I'd said that I wasn't going to pry so I hardly had anymore questions. We'd turned over the unveiled all of the superficial questions.

His favorite color was brown, but he had made it specifically clear that he didn't like boo boo brown, but chocolate brown. He was born in Michigan 18 years ago, hates lima beans with the "fire of a thousand suns," loves cinnamon rolls, and secretly watches Honey when he's bored. He claimed it was because he thought Jessica Alba was hot, but of course, I pretended to believe otherwise.

We'd been at this for hours, exchanging gut-wrenching laughs and whatnot so I wasn't quite ready for the heaviness that I was sure would settle over us when I asked him something serious.

I knew there was something that happened to him in his past that would be like stepping into a dark world that I wouldn't necessarily like. I didn't want that on my mind tonight...or should I say this morning.

"What time is it?" I ask. We glance at the clock in unison, but Jason jumps in front of it blocking it from my view and knocks it on to the floor.

"Why do you want to know?" He asks challengingly.

I cross my arms over my chest. "Because we have school in the morning."

"Do we?" he says as he unplugs my clock. My eyes dart down to our phones which sit in the middle of my bed, but he's too fast. Before my hands can even reach for them he snatches them off of the bed.

He held them up in the air with one hand and bound my wrist in another while I uselessly struggle to get free. He had a iron grip, and even though I knew I was fighting a losing battle I still tried to get free. I didn't even want to know the time anymore. I just wanted to get my phone simply because he didn't want me to have it.

"So if it's 4a.m. then what?" He asks after I stopped struggling.

Then what? I didn't necessarily know exactly what I'd do, but I knew kicking him out was on the top of the list of things I was NOT going to do.

But he doesn't need to know that.

"If it's that late...or early I should say, then I'm putting you out Mr. Jasy," I say with fake confidence. I notice him cringe at the end of my sentence, but he recovers quickly. Was that a second of pain there as well?