Chapter 11: Shining Armor

JASON POV

     Mackenzie was fidgeting like there was no tomorrow as we walked hand in hand into the school. I knew she was nervous because people we staring at us. I spotted a couple of girls I’d done the deed with staring at us with their mouths open. Seems like open in the permanent state of their mouths because they were the same way when we were alone and they had no clothes on, but I digress. I could see the rumor mills viciously turning in their heads.

     They probably thought she was just another target, but she was honestly just a friend. After she continuously turned down my numerous attempts at her I decided to back down for the moment. There was only so much my pride could take. For the time being, a dead man’s lips had more possibility of opening that Mackenzie Gold’s legs. Breaking into there would be like breaking into the White House: damn near impossible. So for the time being…I decided to just hang with her and chill out.

     She was honestly one of the coolest girls I’d ever met. The outing she arranged for the two of us on Sunday really proved a lot about who she was. She was free-spirited, spontaneous, confident, assertive and fun. I’ll admit on my first impression of her I looked at her face, and figured a pretty girl like her would be easier than counting to one, but she proved me wrong.

     I couldn’t help but to laugh at her in this moment because all those characteristics I just mentioned that she had, were nowhere in sight. In the short time that I’ve known her, she oozed confidence and an easy-going charisma from every pore of her body, but the look she was wearing right now was different and out of place. Her nervousness was starting to rub off on me, making me feel like a kid with bubble guts when I was stealing something.

     I didn’t like the feeling so I decided to soothe her.

     “If you don’t relax and stop fidgeting, I’m going to take you right here in the middle of this hallway. That should relax you,” I whisper.

     Ok, so that was soothing in the unconventional Jason Davenport way.

     That small statement was a great indication of the person I had worked to become: distant and detached. I knew I couldn’t say ‘Please calm down, I promise everything will be ok.’ I had made that promise before and didn’t deliver.

     Her big hazel eyes shot up to mine and read a few different emotions before they settled on shocked. I didn’t miss the brief moment when lust flashed through them. I liked that one the most.

     She looked around almost like she was checking to see if anyone heard what I said. Then she composes herself and a grin creeps on to her face, showing her flawless teeth. She had a killer smile.

     “Jason Davenport is that a threat?” she says stopping and turning to stand in front of me, pressing her body to mine as her perfume over takes me. The look in her eyes right now is so hot that I feel Jason Jr. stirring downstairs.

     “It’s a promise,” I say with a voice filled with lust. She is so alluring, that I find the sudden need to quickly thank a few people right now. Her mom, her dad, God, the owner of the gym where she works out at, and hey, maybe even the check-out person who sell her the vegetables that help her maintain this freaking body of hers.

     I knew Mackenzie was hot, but the look she’s giving me right now seems to be magnifying everything about her.

     She trails her fingers down my chest, before she grips my shirts and pulls our faces closer together until our lips were close enough for me to feel her breath.

     “That’s too bad Mr. Davenport. I respond better to threats,” she says seductively.

     That’s when I realize that the ‘promise’ I made was about to be foresight of soon to come events if she kept on going this way. If one of us closes the little distance that was left between us, I’d give these people something to whisper and point at.