Chapter 20: Freaking Magician

There's only one thing on my mind as my eyes are tightly squeezed shut: Oh God. I'm so sorry for laughing at that old man when he fell when I was in the 5th grade. Please let me in heaven.

I waited for a light or something, but all I felt was my hair fly forward as the car came to a screeching halt. He got out and slammed his door so hard I was sure the glass was shattered. Stalking around to my side of his car, I would've taken more time to notice how gracefully he moved, but the bulging vein in his neck and the flex of his bicep had me in a state of temporary paralysis. Not because of fear, but I was frozen with something else...

Anticipation. My mind filled in the blank.

He opens my door, but doesn't bend down to look at me when he says, "Get out."

Is he really going to leave me out here in the middle of a place that even Google Maps can't find. There aren't even any streetlights out here, just the soft light that the moon gives off.

I haven't moved because I'm still in shock.

"Get out now!" He says lowly. The authority in his voice is startling.

I want to cry, but I hold back from doing so. If I'm going to walk home, I'm going to do it with pride...and incredibly sore feet, but pride nonetheless. I take my seatbelt off and begin to step out of the car.

When I'm completely standing and clear of the door, he slams it shut and in one swift movement backs me against the SUV placing his hands on the car on either side of my head. Our faces are a few short inches apart, close enough for me to feel his breath fanning softly across my face. His smell is the first thing that I notice and then, even though it's dark, I see fire in his eyes.

"Say it again," he growls.

I'm still frozen. Huh?

"Say it again," he repeats.

"Say what again?" I ask confused.

"Tell me you weren't lying. Say it again Mackenzie. Say you don't want it to happen," he says.

I open my mouth in preparation to speak, but exactly at that moment my words fail me and I can't make my mouth repeat what my mind and body knows is a lie. I look at him wide-eyed.

"Say. It. Again." I notice his voice grow fractionally softer.

I'm stunned and lost for words. Now that he's in front of me, in the middle of the night I can't see him, but I can feel him. I know we feel the same things.

When I still don't say anything, the tiniest smile plays on his mouth that I would've missed if I blinked. Then he says, "I thought so," and crashes his lips to mine.

In that instant I explode because even though I said that I didn't want it to happen again, the moment where we kissed in the club kept replaying in my mind. I couldn't stop it. It felt so right-his lips and mine together. It felt close to perfect.

This was what I wanted. It was what I wanted ever since that day in my room when I first teased him. I wanted this and more.

His lips moved expertly against mine and when he grazed his tongue across my lip there was no hesitation when I opened my mouth allowing him entrance. He was gentle as his tongue massaged mine, tasting of deliciousness.

He pressed his body against mine effectively pinning me to the car. I could feel the sculpture of his chest and the ripple of his abs.

My arms, operating on autopilot, placed themselves around his neck, trying to pull him impossibly closer to me.