Chapter 7: A Dangerous Game

A/N: This chapter is heavy on dialogue with a lot of interaction between Mackenzie and Jason. A lot of the chemistry starts to unfold here.

Enjoy it! (And don’t forget to comment and vote at the end please!)

*******

     “About these fine details,” I say when we reach my room. I grab my plate from him and place it on the dresser.

     He plops down on my bed, putting his arms behind his head like he owns this place.

     “Umm… make yourself at home, why don’t you?” I sneer at him.

     “This bed never looked so good,” he says closing his eyes and smirking. I must admit I do like the way he looks sprawled across my bed like that, but he doesn’t need to know that.

     “I also never looked so dirty. Get off my bed if you’ve been outside,” I say with a smile. “Please,” I add when he looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

     He jumps up. “That’s more like it,” he rises up and stretches showing the v-cut in his stomach. I quickly re-aim my eyes to a more appropriate place…like the ceiling which is a dead giveaway that I was just checking him out.

     Smooth Mackenzie. Real smooth.

     “I like you so much more when you use manners,” he says with a smile. He now has his hand under his shirt to scratch his stomach.

     Don’t look. Don’t look. My eyes look at him without my permission, and I spot a tattoo that reaches from around his back giving me little glimpse of it from the front.

     He smirks and lifts it a little higher making it obvious that he’s aware of what he’s doing.

     “Will you pull down your damn shirt?” I snap. Damn him for looking so good.

     “What’s wrong?” He asks with an innocent look on his face. “Can’t I seduce my girlfriend?”

     “If one of your seduction technique is to disgust me then you have succeeded,” I say.

     “Disgusted?” He tests out the word, “Mackenzie, you’re far from disgusted. I’d even venture far enough to say you liked what you saw.”

     He smiles when my eyes widen.

     “It’s ok to like one person and still find other people attractive,” he continues.

     I say nothing, just standing there in shock watching him as he walk over to my picture wall. He absentmindedly touches a picture of me laughing at the beach this past summer.

     “I’ve just decided that that’s something I want from this arrangement,” he says turning back to me.

     “What?” I ask.

     “I want to hear you say that I’m attractive to you,” he says. He walks over to the stereo system and presses play. Taylor Swift’s State of Grace starts playing quietly. He turns to face me crossing his arms over his chest.

     “And what if that’s not how I feel? Do you want me to lie?” I ask challengingly.

     He lets out a breathy laugh. “I want you to be honest with yourself,” he says capturing me in his gaze.

     “Well, I can’t be honest with you because I have not yet come to a consensus about it,” I say avoiding the question. I’m going to stroke his ego…any of them.

     “Ok, Mackenzie. If that’s how you want to play it,” he starts crossing the room making his way to where I standing. The closer he gets the more I can smell his body wash, and just like the first time I met him, he smells delicious. He stops in front of me. “So about these fine details,” he says lightly trailing a finger up my arm.