Chapter 6: In the Name of Dog Poo

A/N: This is a filler chapter that needed to be in here. I still tried to keep it funny.

**

     I woke up the next morning...and wished that I hadn't. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my head so I refused to open my eyes, and allow the sun to make things worse. Everything on my body was hurting, and I hardly had any recollection of what happened last night after I went outside to get some air. I searched my brain trying to remember.

     How did I get home? Ok, think Mackenzie. I was at Ryan's party. Chloe and Autumn ditched me. The events were slowly coming back to me. Lyndsey said something to me. What was it? O gosh, my head hurts too much to be thinking this hard. Ok, she said...she said...something about Nate. YES! Staying away from Nate, or she would tell his secrets. Then there was also Jas-

     One thought of Jason and the details of the previous night snapped into place. My hands instinctively reached for my area as I tried to register if there was any pain.

     Luckily there was no pain down there. The only pain I was having right now was from this massive headache. I could tell it was light outside, even though I had not yet opened my eyes, but even that small amount of light seeping through my eyelids was enough to make things worse.

     I began shifting in my bed trying to get comfortable, but I felt like someone was watching me. I moved to put my pillow over my eyes and that's when I heard someone clear their throat.

     Startled, my body shot upright and I opened my eyes quickly. Too quickly. Much too quickly because I had to lie back down to stop the world from spinning. Leaning backwards in a chair with a wide grin was Chloe. She had on my M&M pajama shirt and looked incredibly comfortable with a cup of something hot and her feet propped up on my bed.

     "Chloe, why are you here?" I croaked. My voice hardly sounding like my own.

     "Well, good morning to you too," she chirped.

     "O, sorry. Good morning, Chloe, why are you here?" I said rolling my eyes.

     She raised an eyebrow at me. "I came to watch you suffer through your hangover," she replied with a grin.

     I've known Chloe a long time, so in order for her to get out of bed this early there has to be a better reason. In order to get her out the bed early on a Saturday it has to be a reason like someone is dying or is already dead, I was pretty close.

     I give her the 'stop effing around face' and she grinned so widely I'm surprised it doesn't split her face in half.

     "Are you going to tell me or do I have to beat it out of you?"

     "In order for you to beat me you'd have to catch me and from the looks of it, you can't even move." She challenged.

     "Ugh!" I groaned and flopped back on to my bed. "Shouldn't you be with John right now?" I asked figuring that she's not going to divulge any of the information she's hiding.

     Her eyes glow at the mention of his name and she delved into her story. "Well, you see that's the thing. I was with John when I received a call from your phone. When I answered, much to my surprise, there was a voice much sexier than you could ever achieve on the other end of the phone so I knew it couldn't have possibly been you, obviously," she laughed at her own joke. "It was a guy who said his name was Jason. I assumed that he was the guy I saw standing with you while you drank the bar dry last night. I mean you were really killing those shots. One after another after another, you were like a machi-"

     "Chloe," I cut her off not wanting to think about the reason I drank so heavily last night. "Back to the story please."

     "O yea, sorry. So he said that he called Autumn who was in your I.C.E. as 'Call if I'm trashed #1' but she didn't answer so he called me because I was in your phone under 'Call if I'm trashed #2'. I hope we also have normal names in your phone. You make us sound like AA advisors or something. Anyway, he told me that he was standing outside of what he hoped and assumed was your house because he had been walking around carrying you for an hour and a half trying to find it."