Chapter 13

Lucy was laughing as Edward whisked her around the dance floor. She was actually enjoying herself this time. Grayson of course was staring daggers at them, he was not happy. She cared but at the same time didin't. He chose to escort Sarah and not her, he just needed to learn that girls weren't a toy. You just can't play with their hearts and expect everything to go your way. Lucy made sure she never directly looked at him. She wanted to show him what he was missing, if he couldn't see that. Then he didn't deserve the chance, he deserved to stay with Sarah.

Grayson was not in a good mood, he watched as Lucy was actually laughing as she danced. He wanted to be in her arms, not Edward. He was listening to Sarah make her comments about Lucy. He didn't like how Sarah was talking to him. He wasn't her betrothed, he hadn't even made a commitment to her yet. He wasn't sure if she was the one he wanted to spend eternity with her. She was always looking down her nose at others. She was being a snob, he wasn't sure if he liked this quality in her.

Sarah stomped her foot impatiently, she couldn't stand that Lucy Dererux. She was not going to steal Grayson away from her. She would make sure of it. she just needed to keep Grayson from leaving her side. How she was going to do that? He was watching that stupid girl's every move. It was like he was jealous, why should he be? Sarah was by far the most becoming beauty here. No one compared to her, not even that ugly girl Lucy. She would make sure that Grayson knew that she was the one for him. She just needed to make sure that Lucy stayed away from him.

Edward whisked Lucy around the floor, he was enjoying himself immensely. She was such a breath of fresh air. She made the others look childish, in fact she was unlike the rest. He could grow to love her, that he was sure of. He wanted to ask for permission to court her, but he needed to know what was Grayson's deal. He knew that his friendship with Grayson was important to him. He didn't know why he was so upset about him and Lucy dancing. The glares he was receiving from Grayson were not ones that meant nothing.

Grayson needed to speak with Edward, he first needed to get Lucy alone. She needed to know that she was playing with fire. Grayson knew that Sarah was being impossible, she wouldn't stop nagging him about Lucy. He was growing tired of it, would it make him stop visiting with her? No, they did have somethings in common, but was it enough? Where was that fire he felt when talking to Lucy? He never got that feeling with Sarah. Sarah was one that did stir his loins, but not as much as Lucy. He needed to move this closer to home. He was going to need the expert advice of his mother, she would help him.

Grayson would be able to get to know both girls better. He would even invite Edward, that way Lucy would definitely come. He had to figure this out, and fast. He didn't want to keep dragging this out more than he had to. He would send a message first thing in the morning, so arrangements could be made. He grinned, he would also be visiting a certain lady in the morning also.

Lucy was enjoying the dances so much that she didn't want the evening to end. Edward was the most skilled dancer she had the privilege of dancing with. Well besides Grayson, he also was a graceful dancer. He was just preoccupied with his date for the night, he didn't seem to happy. Lucy in a way felt bad for him, she had heard stories about Sarah. She was out for a title, she didn't care what the gentleman was like. She wanted to live in luxury, and wanted to look down on everyone.

Why Grayson was blind to the fact? She didn't know, but she was not going to care tonight. She had an agreeable partner and was going to enjoy the rest of the evening. As the evening progressed, Lucy needed to rest a few minutes. She hadn't danced this much in such a while that it was tiring. So this gave Edward the chance to go play some cards with the other gentlemen. So Lucy decided that this was the perfect opportunity to walk in the gardens. Just to cool her skin down from all the activity, so she walked out the double glass doors.