Chapter 29

Grayson didn't know what to think, how long was she going to take to answer him. For the last few weeks, everyday. He had been asking her to marry him, and for some reason she gave the same answer. " I have to think about it."

He knew that he was paying for his debacle of a plan. He knew that he deserved it too. Lucy was definitely making him pay for his earlier stunts. He knew she loved him, but she just wanted to make him wait. He was growing tired of this game, he had even gotten on his knee a few times. The answer was still no, he just needed to figure out how to make it a yes.

Lucy was sitting out on the terrace, she was reading a book of poetry. She sighed as she turned the page. Ashley stirred her tea, she was sitting on pins and needles. Lucy had promised that if Grayson asked her to marry him today she would say yes. She was excited and yet disappointed at the same time. This back and forth between the two were driving her nuts.

She spotted her brother walking their way, he held a red rose in his hand. He was at least being romantic, what more could Lucy want? She cleared her throat," Lucy dear, my brother is walking our way. I am holding you to your promise to say yes to his marriage proposal."  She took a sip of her tea while staring at Lucy over the rim of her tea cup.

Lucy knew that she had been putting off Grayson for a while. She just couldn't say yes to him right away. She wanted to make sure that he really wanted her. She had to compete with Sarah for his attention. She just wanted to make sure that he really did want to marry her. She felt in her heart that he would have picked her from the beginning. She just had to be sure that this is exactly what he wanted.

Grayson was coming towards them, so she stood up and immediately caught him off guard. " Yes, I will marry you. I think that we shouldn't wait any longer in becoming man and wife." He stood there staring at Lucy, did he really hear what he thought he heard? She stood there waiting him to say something. He was just surprised that after all the proposals he made, she just surprises him.

He wasn't sure what to do next, so he just grabbed her up and spun her around. He then kissed her upturned lips. She squealed in delight, Ashley ran over and grabbed both of them into a hug. She was so excited that Lucy was going to be her sister! She couldn't help throwing herself into the mix.

Grayson and Lucy started to laugh as Ashley squealed with joy. Grayson then picked Lucy up and spun her around in the air. " I am the happiest man who ever lived! Lucy, you have made me so happy. Never will you leave my side from this day forward."  He pulled her tight against him, the sparks flew between them.

 He would never grow tired of feeling the sparks of love creep into his very soul. He just hoped that she would never grow tired of him. He knew that this was a forever kind of love, one in a million. He was to marry his true love, if he had his way it would be tomorrow.  He held her tight and let her slid down his chest till her slippered feet touched the ground.

Lucy giggled at the contact with his chest, she felt exhilarated just at the mere touching of Grayson. She felt her heart speed up, she wanted to keep touching him. She wanted to do more than just touch him. She wanted him to caress her in ways she couldn't imagine. Just the mere thought of him touching her in forbidden places, had her body reacting.

He was causing her to feel things, she would have never have felt  with another. She knew that what she was feeling now, was only going to intensify a hundred times more. She just needed to marry him quickly and explore what she was feeling. She wanted to know what if felt like to be content. She knew that until she was married she wouldn't have a clue. She knew that had happened in the garden that time, was nothing. She knew that she was excited and dreading her wedding night. She knew that her Duke had made his choice. She was the one who won the game of winning Grayson's heart. She was the lucky one, or was it that Grayson was the lucky one?