Chapter 27

Grayson stood on the bank next to Edward, watching Lucy and Ashley squirm under their gazes. He was drinking in the sight of Lucy before him. It was like he hadn't had a drink of water in forever, she was a mirage. He didn't want to take his eyes off of her, they stood there watching for a minute. Then they pushed through the bushes to let them know that they were there.

They heard the girls as the bushes moved, they were frightened. Rightfully so, and they should be. What if they were strangers here to take advantage of them? Or a wild animal who was hungry? When they pushed their way through, he couldn't help but say. " Well what do we have here? It seems that I am always finding you two ladies in compromising positions. This time I think you two are over your heads, now how am I to handle this one?"

Lucy spied the two men on the bank, she felt her heart speed up. " Grayson!" She thought she was seeing things, that was until Ashley spotted them too. This was great, if they got out of the water now with them here. Their chemise would show everything, nothing would be left to the imagination. They were in serious trouble now.

Ashley sucked in her breath," Grayson! Edward!, what are you doing here?" She was shocked but wouldn't give her brother the time of day. With Edward standing next to him, she felt excited but ashamed at the same time.

Lucy was blushing, she didn't dare stand up out of the water. Every curve and things that you didn't mention in front of gentlemen would show.  She was as red as a tomato, in fact she could see the mischievous grin on Grayson's face. " Why are you here? Thought you were dealing with business in London."

Grayson couldn't stop the grin from spreading across his face. He missed her sarcastic tone, " I did and so Edward and I came to see what you two ladies were up to. I see that we came at the right time, in fact we weren't expecting a show of this magnitude." He couldn't stop the grin from getting bigger.

Edward who stared at the two ladies was very quiet, " I think we have stumbled upon heaven Grayson, what do you think?" He couldn't stop the grin from spreading across his face. He never thought life could get any better, but when he looked at Ashley. He just couldn't look at Lucy, she was Grayson's. He wanted Ashley, she was his soul mate.

Lucy and Ashley were stuck in the most awkward position. They were stuck in the cool crisp water, of course once they got out of the water they would be cold. Lucy watched as the two gentlemen were talking amongst themselves. She felt Grayson's eyes travel over what skin was exposed. She shivered in want, she was starting to grow hot under his gaze.

He must have sensed what his gaze was doing to her, he grinned at her. " We will go and get you two ladies the blankets that we grabbed for our picnic. So that we can greet each other properly." He chuckled as they walked through the bushes to retrieve the blankets.