Chapter 4

Grayson had never danced with such a graceful dancer before. It was like she was made just for him, he felt the sparks everytime they touched. He could see she was feeling it to, she would shiver every time their fingers touched. He wanted to know who she was, he was so taken with her that he forgot to ask. After this dance was finished he would find out, he wanted to get to more aquainted with her.

As the song came to an end, he bowed as she curtsied. Then before he could walk her from the dance floor, Sarah made her presence known. " There you are darling, I have been looking for you." She smiled sweetly as she drew his attention towards her.

 As he looked at Sarah, he felt the hand in his leaving. Before he registered what was exactly happening, the beauty was out of his sight. Great! This was not happening, she was gone! He saw Sarah in a new light, she was the jealous type. He wasn't sure if he liked that about her, he couldn't put his finger on it. But there was something about her that was giving him second thoughts. It could be that he didn't have those sparks with her, unlike the beauty next to him.

He turned to smile at the beauty next to him to find her gone, no where in sight. He knew what Sarah had done, she just warned the girl off. He knew that he had been escorting Sarah around, but that didn't mean anything yet. It wasn't set in stone that Sarah was the one for him, he hadn't even said as much.

Lucy walked towards her grandmother rather stunned. She had no clue who she was dancing with, but he made her feel things she never experienced before. She would have kept dancing with him if he had asked, but the beautiful blonde came forward. She had called him darling, that had to mean that he was taken.

She blushed at the thought of what he made her feel. The butterflies in her tummy had not stopped their fluttering yet. Where he held her hand was still tingling from his touch. She didn't know whether to run or stay. She was excited at first, but the blonde glared daggers at her. That much she knew, the blonde was his fiance' . She had to be to make such a claim on him, especially in front of everyone.

She still wanted to wait on finding her match, but if that handsome stranger was her soulmate. She wouldn't mind, he made her feel wonderful. She was so into her thoughts she didn't hear her grandmother's question.

" What is wrong dear?" Her grandmother said with worry.

" I think this has been so overwhelming, I have never been to a better ball before. I just think that it is overwhelming with all the attention Payton and I are recieving."  Lucy watched at her cousin danced a quadrille with a dashing young man.

Joyce looked at her granddaughter," I remember my first ball, and it was so overwhelming. My dear trust me when I say this, you will get use to it."

Lucy needed to get some air, she knew that she needed a chaperone to go into the garden. She didn't know any of the gentlemen enough to walk out with one. One might get the wrong idea, she wasn't going to be put herself to the advantage of a scandal. She decided to stay inside for now, till Payton was done with the dance.

Then she would make Payton go outside with her, so that they could talk about all of the gentlemen. Lucy realized that her dreams were that of a child, she found that she liked the balls. She had yet to get invitations to partys, but she knew that she would get them. It was just a matter of time, she would find her match. She hoped it was that stranger she danced with, he gave her butterflies in her tummy.

As she walked back to where her cousin was standing, she felt a pair of eyes boring into her back. She didn't want to take a chance and turn around to look. Afraid of what she would see, maybe it was the handsome stranger. Her luck it was that beautiful blonde who was with the handsome stranger.

Grayson watched as the girl made her way back down to the dance floor. He was not happy at the fact that Sarah had ruined everything. He wanted to know her name, but before he could find out she made claim to him. He was livid at the thought he made no such promise to her. Before everyone and God, she made it known that he was hers.

He wanted to be done with her, he wanted Sarah to disappear. He wasn't thinking when he started to associate with her. She was one of the girls his friends warned him about.  Now he just wanted to send her away from him. She had a grip on his sleeve like steel, she wasn't going to let him go. He needed to set her straight, she was not what he was looking for in a woman. She wouldn't be the kind of wife he needed, especially after the way she just acted.

He spotted Edward, he was walking over to the beauty with no name. He knew he didn't have a claim on the girl. He just couldn't help but get really jealous, and the need to punch him in the face was great. What was happening to him? He had never felt this way before, especially towards someone he didn't know her name.

If only he could get away from Sarah's grip to leave and take the beauty away with him. His only chance came when Sarah's father came to escort his daughter home. His wife was under the weather and needed to take her leave of the ball. He knew that Sarah was going to try to get him to leave also, but this time it wasn't going to work.

Sarah frowned as her father lead her away, she didn't look to happy at the fact he remained behind. Now he needed to find the beauty in question and find out her name. He walked to the dance floor, and spotted her standing next to an older lady. She must be her chaperone, he started to walk over towards them.

Joyce spied the young man heading her way, she smiled at her granddaughter. She had caught the eye of a Marquess, heir to a dukedom. In fact he was really handsome, she couldn't have asked for a better title. She waited as the young man approached, she could see that he was taken with her granddaughter. Who wouldn't be? She was a beautiful girl, just like her mother.

Grayson reached the group, he noticed that there was three more girls standing with her. She didn't know that he was standing right behind her. " Good evening ladies, I want to say how fetching you all look this evening."

Lucy turned around to find the one gentleman that could create so much havoc to her body. She stared into his green eyes, they were mesmerizing. She felt the butterflies again in her tummy, what was it about him that made her body betray her?

" My lord, I am Lucy Deverux and this is my grandmother Lady Joyce Clinton." She curtsied to him with her hand held out to him. He grazed her knuckles with his lips, they both jumped at the amount of sparks that flowed with just one touch of his lips. She felt her body betraying her in more ways than one. She felt her lower region heat up and grow wet in her womanly spot. She blushed a deep red, no one had ever effected her in such a manner.

She didn't know if she should run or stay to find out what he would bring out next. In a strange way she liked it, she was wondering just what this stranger's intentions were towards her? Maybe he was a rake and wanted to ruin her, then she would have to become a lady of ill repute. She needed to find out exactly who she was dealing with, and where the blonde beauty was? Exactly what she was to him she had no idea, but she wouldn't be played the fool.