Chapter 38- Debate and Performing

It All Started With Hello Ch.38

This Saturday after a hectic week of training, we are all going to New Orleans to give everyone a free performance. It was early Saturday morning when we got off the plane-- almost 4AM.

"That plane was nerve racking." I said as we walked off the plane. Prodigy and I were shaking slightly.

"So dramatic." Isis cut her eyes as we got in the van. Someone was going to get our things so we wouldn't get crowded by fans.

"Do you think everyone will like us here?" Jari asked.

"They should. Cities almost always love artists that come from their place." Keisha smiled as we drove away from the airport.

"Where are we going?" Jari asked.

"To whoever's house y'all want to. We don't need to be at the park until 5PM." Keisha answered. We all checked our phones at the same time.

"Keisha, it's 4. At 8 our school has a debate at Tulane." Isis said.

"Yes. And?" Keisha asked.

"Well, we were wondering if we could go? It's our last middle debate and we would love to go." I smiled. Juno and Isis nodded with me.

"But don't you have to research for debates?" Ray asked.

"We did that already," Juno waved him off. "Alexa and Vickie are gonna be there, so we'll have one team, but we have two other members. How can we do this?"

"I debated a team that only had two members and they were good. The first speaker did first and third." I said.

"I'll do second if you do first and third." Taylor told Juno. She nodded.

"Whoa. Whoa. Wait. Who said y'all were going?" Walter asked. We stared at him.

"Why wouldn't we debate? We have time. The lastest we'll be out of debate is 4:30." Isis said.

"I say whatever. Who wants to go?" Kenneth asked.

"I would love to go." Roc and Prince said quickly.

"Sure. Why not?" Prod shrugged and Jari nodded.

"I wanna watch the twins kick some smart butt." Ray smirked. Brittany laughed and nodded.

"Then let's go to my house, sleep, then leave for Tulane at 7:30." I smiled. Keisha nodded and told the driver where to go.

As soon as we got to my house, we were sleep in seconds. Keisha woke us at 6PM to shower and change clothes. We went to McDonald's and were on our way to Tulane at 7:20. We got there at 7:38 when Alexa and Vickie did. We ran to hug them.

"What are you doing here?" Alexa smiled as we hugged.

"To debate!" I shouted.

"Shut up, Artemis. People do live on campus and are sleeping." Prince told me. I rolled my eyes at him as Keisha, Kenneth, and Walter left us. We all walked to the building the debate was being held in. No one was there, but us.

"Ooh! We get first dibs on the chocolate muffins!" Isis squealed. Juno and I smiled at her. We waited on some benches for our teachers Mr. and Mrs. Razem.

I listened to Fine China by Chris Brown as we waited. I started singing and everyone joined in. It was awesome until Vickie started singing When I Was Your Man by Bruno Mars off key. We were dying with laughter before going in the building and sitting down. We were just talking when Mr. and Mrs. Razem walked up to us.

"Hey guys. It's good to see you!" Mr. Razem exclaimed. "And you dudes are?"

Mr. and Mrs. Razem are two white people who love children. Mr. Razem is a seventh grade English teacher and Mrs. Razem is a sixth grade English teacher. They are also our debate coaches.