Chapter Twenty-One (Jeah)

I woke to a searing pain flowing throughout my body. Groaning, I pressed my palms to my forehead. When I did open my eyes, I looked to my clock that sat on my nightstand.

        "Aw COME ON!" I screamed dissatisfied that it was three in the morning. The hour hadn't changed. This was the third time I had woken up that night. 

        "Please!" I cried squeezing my eyes closed again. My breathing came out rapidly. When another sharp pain stabbed at my head I screamed as loud as I could, not caring who I'd wake up.

         I opened my eyes to a blurry scene. My tears streamed down my cheeks freely. I can't do this! I don't want this! I don't want powers!

        When my stomach gurgled I launched out of my bed. Groaning, I placed a hand on my aching stomach. I took deep breaths as if to try to calm myself. Your fine. It's fine!

        My eyes opened once again to see my room.  In my room, blankets and pillows were scattered. Many things have fallen off the shelves and counters in my room.

        Then I gasp as I hover off the ground like I'm in an ant-gravity chamber. I groan. Damn it, not again!

        Then I fly up and land on the ceiling hard. I drop down and hover just inches above the ground. I wave my arms around as if to balance myself. Then I zoom and crash onto my bed. I float up again, belly up.

        I strike out my arms as if silencing an orchestra. "Stop!"

        I drop down to the bed. The springs underneath creak, and I sigh. Beads of sweat appear on my head, and a second wave of drowsiness passes over me.

        Then the stomach pain came back. No no no! Pressing a fist into my stomach, I try to relax, but it doesn't work.

        With the nausea growing as well as my migraine, I leap of the bed and rush to the door. I open the door and sprint down the steps. I gasp, forgetting the super speed I now have as I rush down the stairs. As I run, I feel my body slowly begin to rise of the floor again, but I root myself to the ground once I'm at the bathroom door.

        I burst in the bathroom but I don't make it.

        I throw up until my sides are sore and I feel empty.

        I look up, and brush the hair out of my face. I see my reflection and recoil. My skin is pasty and pale, dark circles crease deeply under my eyes.

        Then my migraine comes back, and then my eyes begin to glow. I lean into my reflection, and see I have the same glowing eyes as Haile.

    A scream rips through my throat and tears stream down my flushed cheeks.

        Then everything seems to blur and in a fit of exhaustion, I pass out on the bathroom floor.