Chapter Ten (Cami)

You could easily say I am a maid, working for a control freak and his son. The poor son, I know, is in danger! May every being who crosses him have mercy on his soul, but you gotta' love him.

The father, North, my master, is downright evil. From the things I've seen and heard, he holds no right to dub himself a decent human being. He has told me he is a fugitive, but the sad thing is, his son is going to be a lot worse.

North's son is already too much. He bullies, he's rude, and cruel, just like his father. Of course, North is very encouraging by any means that will get his son where he needs to be. North would say, "You tell em'" or, "Good boy!"

I on the other hand try to encourage him to be the best he can be. My goal is to treat the boy as kindly as possible. Only I desire him to follow in my footsteps as I show good leadership, as well as good manners. The kid has a strong heart, but as of now his heart is being suffocated by dark vines. If only I could heal his mind. To give him a fresh start would mean everything to him.

Of course I receive punishments for sabotaging North's plans.

He's a good kid. Gotta love him. North and I agree he is very special, but each of us disagree on what path the boy should follow. 

Sye, my nickname for Simon, sticks to him like glue, so I guess some part of him will stay despite everything else changing.   

"His time is coming!" North reminds me. "As is mine."

Everything he says gives me chills. I'm doing everything I can, but I am also protecting myself. I just don't want Sye to become a monster.