Chapter Eleven (Jeah)

I gasp for air, and rub the sweat from my face. "Haile." I called weakly. Why does this room seem so big? Is it because I am too tired, or maybe too weak? I don't think I can ponder over these questions now. "Where are you?"

   Exhausted,  I let my head dangle, and a wave of heat and fatigue consume me. Letting out a sigh, I focused myself on the beating of my heart. With every beat, my body trembled. But nevertheless, I caught my breath, relaxed, and advanced forward.

    I felt more sweat bead up on my forehead, and I wiped it away. I am sure I'm almost there.

    Then I see a small little flicker in my vision, something out of the ordinary.  I incline my head a little and stand on my toes, which, unfortunately, didn't help me focus on what I was seeing.

    I took a few baby steps forward, and my eyes widened as everything came into focus.

    Haile, was standing about twenty-yards in front of me, but she wasn't still for long. She was holding in her hands what looked like a wooden board. Her hand flicked up tossing the wooden board high in the air. I watched in awe as she side stepped with her back towards me and snapped her leg up. "Yah!" She exclaimed, blasting full force into her kick. Once her foot made contact with board, it shattered like glass and silently fell to the grass.

    Whoa, I thought, feeling slightly puzzled. So my family studies the art of fighting?  Hunching my shoulders, I crouch down and continue to observe from afar. 

    I looked at the shavings that glittered in the green grass. My mouth dropped when I saw the grass underneath Haile was a pure green. In fact, it looked much healthier than any of the grass in this entire room. I gaze back at the blackened grass at my feet, then back up at the green grass. What is so different about the two of us.

    I knew I was pushing my luck because Haile hadn't even turned to face me, but I crept forward in awe anyway. 

    When Haile flipped her short hair, I knew there was more to be seen. Next, she walked to a nearby rack holding weights of many sizes that I have never knew existed.  She reached for a weight that was labeled with the number seventy-five and nothing else. When her hand wrapped around it, I knew that she was going to struggle with lifting the weight.

     But sadly, for the second time that day, Haile surprised me. She lifted the weight like it weighed nothing at all. Her muscles never tensed as she slowly eyed the large weight. As she pauses, I inch closer, nearly halving the distance between me and my sister. Haile's posture suddenly becomes tense. With a big push of energy, Haile lunches the weight high up into the air.

    Silently, I wait as the weight floats up complacently into the air. I rock on my heels, waiting for Haile to make another move as the weight slows to a halt in mid-air. As my eyes continue to trace it, the weight begins to plummet to the ground.

    My eyes widened, as the weight came closer and closer to hitting the ground. When the weight was just inches from hitting the ground, it came to a complete halt.

    "What?" I rubbed my eyes, feeling very confused, but even when I blinked my eyes I knew I wasn't dreaming.

    But what was even more bizarre was how the weight began to rise up back into the air. My mouth was a gape when I saw Haile's hand was reached out and curled as if she were holding a bucket handle. My eyes swept through the air to look for any strings, but there weren't any.

    I let out a gasp when the entire realization hit me at once: Haile is moving the weight with her mind. 

    "What the hell?" I let out before I could stop myself.