Epilogue Pt 2

Wesley's POV

**********

"Happy one year anniversary" I whispered when Skye opened her eyes, I propped myself up on my elbow as she gave me a sleepy smile. "Can you believe we made it a whole year?" she asked quietly, rubbing her eyes to wake herself up. "What do you mean?" I asked in disbelief, "You didn't think we would?" I was kind of taken back by the idea she didn't. She laughed, "Look at our track record, I'm surprised we even got together, let alone got married and then made it through a whole year". I smiled, she had a point but as I had suspected, all our bad luck had been used up before we got married and the last year had been amazing. "So, where's my present?" she asked jokingly before wiggling closer to me and snuggling into my chest. "You mean a hot guy lying in your bed isn't present enough?" I smirked. She craned her neck to look around the bed, "Where?" she feigned confusion and winked at me. "Ha ha, very funny" I commented sarcastically, "But I figured as much so...." I trailed off as jumped up from the bed. "I did get you something else" I finished after retrieving Skye's present from my drawer. I handed her the envelope and waited excitedly as she sat up and the slowly opened it. "Traditionally the one year anniversary gift is paper" I explained as she inspected the contents of the envelope. "But these are plane tickets to Hawaii" she said cautiously, and I rolled my eyes, "Yes, but they are written on PAPER" I exaggerated. She giggled, "I think that's cheating Stromberg" and I grinned. "I just wanted to go back there with you" I admitted, and this time Skye rolled her eyes. "Yea, I'll bet. And it has nothing to do with the fact that last time we spent the whole week in bed" she quipped.

I lunged at her, tackling her to the bed and pinning her under me, "Like I need to be in Hawaii for that" I pointed out. Skye giggled and tried to squirm out from under me but it was useless so eventually she tried a different approach. "Don't you want your present?" she asked sweetly, looking up at me with her big blue eyes. I shook my head, "I've got all I need right here" I told her, before lowering my lips to meet hers. I kissed her lightly then pulled back, and then again, feeling her body arch to press into mine. I moved my lips to her neck and kissed down along her collar bone, smiling against her skin as she squirmed under my lips. I slid up her singlet to expose her stomach and moved to kiss a line down to her belly button. I pulled away and ran my fingers along the three faded scars that disrupted her smooth skin and sighed, seeing them always affected me. They were essentially permanent physical reminders of Skye's accident and despite her constant protests I still felt somewhat responsible for what happened to her. Skye groaned, "Don't" was all she said and I knew she was telling me not to think about how they got there. The time of the accident had been the worst of my life so it was hard not to think about it. I was struggling with the memory and before I knew it I was on my back on the bed and Skye was above me. "I'll just have to distract you" she murmured as she moved herself down to my bare torso. I closed my eyes as she lowered her lips to my bare skin and kissed and sucked her way down my abs.

**********

'Hooooonk', the car behind me at the lights beeped their horn at me signalling the light had gone green. I stepped on the gas, wanting to get home as soon as possible, I hadn't seen Skye for 3 weeks. We had gotten home from our second trip to Hawaii 6 weeks ago and 3 weeks later I had to leave. Me and the guys had been travelling to play at numerous musical festivals, but now we had a few months off and I was stoked to spend them with Skye. I smiled at the memory I had just re-lived and it made me even more anxious to get home to her. The drive from LAX to our apartment in Santa Monica only took 20 minutes but right now it felt like it took hours. I finally pulled onto our street and sped into our driveway, jumping from the car and racing to the front door. I unlocked the door and let myself in quietly, it was still pretty early and I wasn't sure if Skye would be up yet. I made my way silently to the bedroom and opened the door expecting to see her in bed but it was empty. I scanned the bedroom, "Skye" I called out and waited for her response. "In the bathroom" I heard Skye's muffled voice from the other side of the bathroom door. I relaxed and threw myself onto the bed, it felt so good to be home.