Six

Wesley's POV

'Party at Kyle's house tonight...8pm', I looked at the text again before I sent it, contemplating adding something to make it sound more friendly. I regretted telling Skye and Lincoln about the party when I saw them at the beach earlier, but I had been so shocked seeing them together I had panicked. Panicked is an understatement, I had been completely devastated and I'm pretty sure I heard my heart implode in my chest. Just the memory of her tossed over his shoulder made my blood boil and my fists clench, I slammed my balled up fist into the pillow on my bed. I really didn't think I would be able to stand a whole night of seeing them together, but I had already agreed to send Skye the details after Lincoln had confirmed they would come. I hit send, deciding that niceties were reserved for girls who hadn't broken my heart and I silently prayed they wouldn't come. I had planned to get Skye back this summer and it was made pretty clear today that she had moved on. I was livid that it was with Lincoln, he was a jerk and had always caused trouble in our relationship, he'd had a crush on Skye since she got to UCLA.

**********

'Knock, knock, knock' I waited impatiently at Skye's door, this was the first time I had visited her since she got to UCLA and I hadn't seen her in two weeks. Considering we spent pretty much every day together over summer break, the last two weeks had been miserable, Skype and texts just weren't enough. I heard some girls giggling in the hall behind me, I turned in their direction and realised they had recognised me. It had been a couple of weeks since our X-Factor audition had aired and I was still getting used to people remembering our faces. I nodded in their direction and luckily Skye swung open her door before things could get awkward. I took her in, she was wearing her usual denim shorts and singlet, her hair was down for a change and she had no make up on, a look I preferred. Skype really didn't do her justice, I thought to myself, as my heart began to race at the sight of her. She flung herself at me, enveloping me in a big hug and I wrapped my arms around her, lifting her off the ground. I walked like this into her room, kicking the door shut behind me but not putting her down. I wanted her as close to me as possible, I breathed her in, her perfume and shampoo, it made me light headed. "I missed you" she whispered as I set her on the ground, reluctantly letting her go so we were face to face. She looked up at me with her big blue eyes, and the fact she was so excited to see me just made me even happier. 

I bent down to kiss her, my lips on hers was enough to make me want to stay in this tiny bedroom on campus all weekend but we had planned on going home to HB tonight. We were spending the weekend together before I had to go into the X-Factor house. I pulled away from the kiss before it got to the point where I wouldn't be able to, "Should we go?" I asked her, regretting my decision to stop kissing her. "Let me just get my shoes on" she replied and I watched as she slid on some Vans and grabbed her duffel bag from her bed. I took the bag from her and threw it over my shoulder as we headed out into the hall. "SKYE" I heard a guy yell from behind as we walked down the hall, I turned to the direction the voice came from. LINCOLN, my inner voice screamed, but I tried to remain calm, even though I hated this guy. Skye had told me when we very first started dating that he was the only other guy she had kissed, a fact that had stuck with me, and me unreasonably jealous. I didn't even know he went here and Skye had failed to mention him in any of our Skype chats, but from his smile as he jogged to where we were standing it was clear they were friends. "I'm glad I caught you before you left" Lincoln told Skye, then gave me a nod, "Wesley" he said coldly. "I wanted to see how you went with your first Applied Ecology assignment. I know you were super stressed out about it and I was hoping the info we discussed turned out to be useful" Lincoln was giving his full attention to Skye, clearly not concerned her boyfriend was standing right here. I was angry that they had obviously been hanging out, if he had been helping her with her school work. I watched as they had a brief chat about her assignment and I tried to remain calm, reminding myself she was my girlfriend and Lincoln was a asshole.