Four

Wesley's POV

Drew is strumming Tequila Sunrise on his guitar as we discuss some last minute changes to the set list for tonight's show. "I can't believe this is the second last show of this tour" Keaton says, voicing what we are all thinking. I look around the backstage area of the House of Blues in San Diego, remembering it from the last time we were here. We are finishing the tour in LA in a few days, at The Roxy, where we started our first mini tour after we were signed. "I am stoked to be going home for a while though" I add. Keaton smirks at me, "I bet" he says cheekily, "You're just excited because you know you're bound to run into Skye" he finishes. I roll my eyes at him and try to laugh it off, "I am just saying it will be nice to have some time off. We've been crazy busy this year", I respond. I know Keaton is right, Skye is a big reason I am so pumped to have the tour end. I thought all of this was all I wanted, but it runs out I want all of this and Skye, it means more with her in my life. "So much has changed since the last time we were here" adds Drew, I nod in agreeance. So much has changed for us as a band but last time we were here I wasn't with Skye and the same can be said this time, despite my best efforts over Spring Break.

**********

I roll onto my side so I am looking at Skye, she is just staring up at the ceiling, no doubt she has a million thoughts running through her mind. I glance around her room, it looks the same as the last time we were in here, which was months ago. I smile to myself, I had no intentions of this happening when I came over here tonight, not that I'm complaining. I think about how cute she looked when she answered the door tonight, already in her pjs, I couldn't help but kiss her and despite her attempts to protest, we had ended up in her bed. "I've missed this" I whisper, focusing my attention back to Skye and kissing her bare shoulder. "I'll bet" she replies with a giggle and rolls on her side so we are facing each other. I laugh, "Not the sex part, although I have missed that, but I was talking about just being with you" I explain. The past few months since the break up have sucked but laying here with her now, all that is a distant memory. I study her, big blue eyes, messy blonde hair, soft lips that I've missed kissing, "I have hated being apart from you" I admit truthfully. I lean over and kiss her gently, hearing her sigh quietly as she pulls away and sits up, exposing her bare back. She pulls the bed spread up to her chin, as I trace my fingers across her tanned back, thankful tonight turned out the way it did. "I meant what I said before Wesley. This doesn't mean anything", her tone is cold and flat. It slices through me, I can't believe what I am hearing, "How can you possibly think tonight doesn't mean anything?" I snap angrily. I can feel her tense up under my hand that is still on her back, I try to calm myself, "Of course it means something".

Skye slides out of bed and quickly slips her pjs back on, "I told you I don't want to get back together Wesley", her voice is still strained. I feel all the pain seeping back into my chest, "Why did you sleep with me then, if you don't want to be with me?" I ask. I sit up in her bed, I am partly confused, partly angry and partly crushed. Skye freezes in the middle of her bedroom, "I don't know, I was confused" she mumbles, playing with the tie on her pj pants. "Confused about wanting to get back together?" I question her, praying she gives me any sign that she wants this too. I get up from her bed to get dressed as she stands silently, and once I am fully clothed I stand in front of her. I lift her chin to look her in the eyes, her blue eyes are filled with sadness, reflecting how I am feeling. "Do you love me?" I whisper, knowing that this is really all it comes down to. My stomach fills with butterflies as I wait for her answer, knowing that if she says no I will be devastated. I hold my breath as she begins to talk, "If I say yes then you won't believe me when I say I don't want to be with you, but if I say no I'd be lying", I feel the butterflies disappear and a grin spreads across my face. "So please don't ask me that question" Skye finishes and her face looks pained and her eyes fill with tears. I open my mouth to push it further, press the issue that if she does in fact love me that we should be together. I am only stopped by the sight of tears spilling onto her cheeks, I don't want to be the one making her cry, or causing her any pain. "I should go then" I say reluctantly, knowing even though I don't understand her decision, I have to respect it.

**********

"Wes, WES" Drew's voice pulls me out of my day dream, "You ready to go grab some food before the show?" he asks. I nod and stand, following him out of the venue, a fresh wave of confusion has settled on me. As we eat I am think more and more about the last time I saw Skye, she admitted in a round about way she still loved me, and I am even more determined to get her back this summer. "What you thinking about man?" Keaton elbows me and I look up to see him and Drew looking at me expectantly. "Nothing" I lie and Drew shakes his head, "I thought you not being with Skye would make you less distracted" he offers with a smirk. I laugh, "Sorry, I just can't stop thinking about her", I pause, "I'm going to try to get her back" I proclaim. Drew rolls his eyes, and I wait for one of his lectures about how this isn't the time for girlfriends, "You will man" he says with a grin. I sigh in relief, "I spoke to Taylor earlier today, she said Skye is already home" Drew informs me making me smile. We spend the next half an hour talking about our plans for our time off, which is basically surfing, sleeping and skating.

The next few days go by in a blur, finishing up the tour, making plans for the summer, discussing another possible tour. Before I realise it we are on the drive back to HB for our 6 weeks off and I am excited. We have rented a house right on the beach, conveniently located just a few minutes walk to Skye's house. I want to go straight to Skye's house and see her but we haven't spoken since Spring Break so showing up unannounced doesn't seem like the best plan. "Let's go for a surf" I hear Keaton yell excitedly from downstairs. We grab our boards and head onto the sand, surfing for what feels like hours. I sit on my board, bobbing up and down on the waves and consider the best way to approach Skye. I am distracted and a wave knocks me off my board, I surface spluttering and climb back onto my surfboard. I wait to hear the laughter from Drew and Keaton but there is just silence, as I look over to where the two of them are sitting on their boards. They are watching something back on the sand, I look in that direction and can only see two people walking along the shoreline. It takes me a second to realise that one of the people is Skye, and she's with a guy. My stomach drops, and I squint trying to see who she is walking with, 'Lincoln!!' my inner voice screams. My heart sinks, 'Why are they even hanging out together anymore?' my inner voice chimes in, he had caused a number of fights between me and Skye when we were together. I am so pissed off and hurt, this is not how I expected this summer to start, I have to do something.