Chapter 4

It was finally date night and I was getting very nervous. Everything around me was blocked out of my head as I thought of her and what we were going to do tonight. My head spun with thoughts of her lips on mine. My hands trembled and shook as I thought of all the things that could go wrong. I finally rang the annoying doorbell to her apartment.

"Coming!" I heard her shout from the inside of her apartment. My hands gripped the rose I was holding tightly. The door opened and there she was. She was wearing a beautiful sundress. It was yellow with small pink flowers dotted here and there. She was wearing silver strappy sandals that matched perfectly. My shirt was flannel and the pattern was a light blue plaid. I wore tan pants with a brown belt. We matched perfectly. She took the rose and sniffed it.

"Smells wonderful Haz." She said. I took her arm in mine.

"Are you ready for a night of fun?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see." We drove thirty minutes across town. There it was. Like a small city lit up in the middle of a dark world. Where dreams and fun never ended. We stepped out of the car. Her face lit up just like the lights in the carnival.

"Harry, how did you know?" She asked. She leaped into my arms and I held her close. We walked into the carnival and she pointed to the ring of fire. I'm terrified of that ride but I rode it for her.

"You scream like a girl!" She giggled out.

"Whatever!" I shouted and smiled playfully. I chased her and caught her from behind and kissed her cheek. She blushed. I dragged her over to a game.

"Awww Haz!" She shouted.

"What do you want me to win you?" She pointed to a giant stuffed dog.

"5 balls for two bucks." The carny said. I handed him a two-dollar bill and took the balls. I threw one at the bottles and knocked them all down. I targeted the next set over and knocked it down. Then I only had one more set of bottles left. I threw the second to last ball and missed. My heart sunk. I threw the last ball and hit the last set. Mikayla cheered and kissed me.

"What would you like sir?" The carny asked.

"The giant stuffed dog please." I answered. He took it down and handed it to me. I gave it to Mikayla and she held it tight. I took her hand and we went to put it in the car. We cam back and I led her to the Ferris Wheel. When we got on, I put my arm around her.

"I love you Mikayla." I whispered.

"I love you to Harry." I knew she was serious because she said Harry instead of Haz. We kissed. When the ride was over I had to drive her back to her apartment. We reached her door.

"Goodnight love." I said glumly.

"Goodnight," She whispered. I grabbed her waist and pulled her to me. We kissed. I felt her arms settle around my neck. My arms pulled her closer to me. Our lips separated.

"Want to come over tomorrow love?" I asked.

"Yes." she replied. We kissed goodnight one more time. I left satisfied with tonight's date. This made me wonder what was to come.