Could this be? (Part Two)

.this is part two of 'could this be...?'&&thanks to everyone reading my stories....I really appreciate it..!-never thought I would have over 100 reads..thanks..rate....comment...enjoy..-&&keep on reading...xD

 As I ran through the door he was sitting on the couch with a little silver box in his hand. I felt myself sink into the floorboards as a flashback took over my mind.

~~~flashback~~~

"Zoe, baby come here, I have something for you." he said. I came out of my bedroom after crying all day and walked towards my father. I was eight at the time and my mother had just died. He held me as I cried some more then he started rubbing my back, comforting his baby girl.

I looked up at him and said, "What were you going to give me?" He grinned then pulled out a black box and opened it. I grinned widely as the black box revealed a bracelet and when I reached out for it he snapped it shut. I looked at him confused then he said, "You have to promise never to take it off Zoe." I looked into his eyes and nodded my head 'yes' as he opened the box again revealing the bracelet.

"You can put other trinkets on it but I had this one specially made for you baby girl.", he said as he twirled a trinket around revealing a picture of my mother and next to her picture was an angel trinket.......

~~~now~~~

"Zoe, did you hear me?", he asked again. I open my eyes to see him still sitting on the couch, turning beet red, I noticed, after I hadn't responded to him so many times. "Umm...what did you say?", I asked, dumbfounded. He wrinkled his brow at me as his face scrunched up, and I could see every wrinkle on his forehead. "I thought I told you to come straight home!", he yelled out of frustration. I hadn't planned out an excuse to tell him as I ran home so I just lied and said, "I..uhh...was at the library doing research for a school project." He stood up and as he walked towards me I flinched, thinking he would hit me, but instead he handed me the little silver box and stormed off to his room.

As I stood there, confused at his sudden outburst of rage and confinement, I opened the box. There in the little silver box was a locket; it looked vaguely familiar, I didn't know where I remembered it from until another flashback hit me.

~~~flashback~~~

It was my mom and dad's anniversary and I was five. I remembered being left with the babysit and having the time of my life with her until she had to leave when my parents' came back. I was trying to sleep but I heard screaming then it got quiet. I snuck out of bed, went downstairs, and there my mother was; tears in her eyes and my dad standing there dangling a beautiful silver shiny in her face.

"Daddy what's the shiny for and why was Mommy screaming?", I asked. My mother looked at me and said, "Oh Zoe baby I was screaming because daddy got me a gorgeous shiny, locket.", she corrected herself. I watched as my father placed the necklace around my mothers' neck and then kissed her. "Eww!', I squealed as they started laughing then my dad came and scooped me up into a hug. My mom joined in as it was them against me in a tickling war. When I begged for mercy I said, "I wanna see mommy's shiny." My mom picked me up, opened the necklace, and showed me what was inside. It was a picture of my mom, dad, and me. A grin played on my face as I said, "Pretty."

~~~now~~~

My mothers' locket, he gave me my mothers' locket. I began to cry as that memory sent a heart-aching pain to my chest. I slid to the floor and opened the locket, it still held the same picture from so many years ago, the same picture that held happy memories and good times.......

.yauh...I thought for this part I would a little bit more of Zoe into the story......hope you rate..comment..&&enjoy..!

 copyright

all rights reserved @trevgoesrawrwriter

all rights reserved to Tre'via Blount