Ianite-1

Chains had now become a part of my life. Chains here, chains there, it was getting annoying. I was cuffed tightly to a chain that led to a 500 pound metal ball.

It was my "free time" period. Its the time I can explore anywhere with a 500 pond weight so I couldn't go far in a few hours. Just getting out to the bridge was a struggle.

I lay on the bridge and clear my thoughts, hopes, what-ifs, and hows. I watch the lava spew from the ceiling and onto the lake. I watch the pigmen kind ket buckets of the molten liquid for their tribe to drink. Strange creature they are. Live in tribes in the caves of the nether. They serve the king, like regular civilization. The most amazing thing about them would be their loyalty. Nobody is more important than another, except the king. And even the king stands up for his people. If one gets hurt, they will all march into battle to avenge the hurt or fallen one. Ive had been studying them for months for 2 hours a day, so I found out many things about them.

I sat down and let my legs dangle off the side. I wondered how bad the pain would be if I fell off. Would it be quick, or slow and dreadful. I thought about Kate, and where she would be right now.

I remember the plane message like it was yesterday. I wasn't really there. I was connecting with her through dreams. It was my one time, then the Deadland kind found out, and had me tortured for a week. Whipped, hung upside-down for hours, getting scratched by knives, having to put my hand in lava, and many more things that will haunt me in nightmares for the rest of my existence.

I remembered Kate's eyes when she saw me. She grew a little calmer yet more panicked when I talked to her. I remember when she stood in the opening of the plane, and let the wind swallow her, falling to the island of Mianite.

I leaned back from the bridge in boredom. I decided to listen to the sounds around me. The stomps of the guards from inside the castle, the lava spilling out onto the lake, and the pig men communicating with each other, telling the orders that the king had asked. But then I heard a noise that was unfamiliar. A loud thud from the hole entrance. Somebody had gotten in.

As fast as I could, I pushed to the opening hole. I fell in exhaustion when I reached it. Every muscle in my body ached from the walk. I looked down and saw what fell.

A dragon with purple tinted scales was laying nearly dead on the ground. His wings seemed to be protecting something from me. I put my hand gently on his head. "Don't worry little guy," I comforted him in a soothing voice. He took deep breaths to keep himself alive. He was on the edge of drifting away forever. "It'll be ok," I said. I felt like I wasn't just talking to him, but me also. Trying to tell myself that I'll be back on the land soon, with Jordan and the gang, laughing about all of the nonsense they do.

The dragon slowly folded his wings, revealing an unconscious Kate. I gasped. "Kate!" I said as quiet as I could. I shook her hard and she started to doze awake. "J...Jordan," She groaned, sitting up putting a hand to her head. Then she perked up like a brick wall hit her back. "Jordan!!" She screamed.

I shushed her putting a finger to my lips. "You have to be quiet," I whispered. "The guards can't see you at all!" then she took deep breaths to calm herself.

"Lady Ianite!" She exclaimed quietly. "I can't believe I can see you again!" Then she looked down at the dragon. "Oh my God," she said slowly. "Ianite, you have to save Jerry! Please!" I looked down thinking for an option. "Child," I started as wise as I could. "My power has been taken out of me. I could only hold onto the littlest bit. It might be enough to save him, but I don't know." She sniffed. "If you use the powers to save Jerry, will you have no more left." She asked. I nodded sadly at her. "I will do it though." I said determined. "It seems wise if I use the powers before its taken from me."

So I put my hand over the wounded dragon, and closed my eyes. I let the purple magic dance out of my hands, and swirl out around Jerry. The beautiful magic made beautiful figures, and rose over the dragon. It twirled together and made a purple tornado of magic get soaked into the dragon's skin to his heart.

I put a hand to his heart. Nothing. No beats. I looked down and shook my head. "I'm sorry Kate," I said gently. "It's too late-" "No." she interrupted. "I'm sorry, but Jerry can't be dead. He dies for us!" She screamed. I heard guards give orders after her loud words. "Kate," I said slowly. "What have you done?" she held a weep, putting her hand to her mouth and let the tears stroll down slowly.

She put her other hand to Jerry's heart, and perked up. "I feel something!" She said. Jerry started to stand, and saw the guards coming. He flapped his wings and looked at Kate. She hopped on.

"Come on Ianite!" She yelled as the guards came marching. "Get on! You can be free!!!" She screamed when I didn't move. The guards were halfway here. "Kate, go. He is still weak and will only be able to carry one person. He won't be able to carry me. I kinda weigh 500 pounds right now." She looked behind her, and back at me. She nodded. "I won't let you down." And the guards grabbed my arm. Half of them started shooting at the dragon and Kate.

I was just praying that they wouldn't hit the helpless friends. After they were out of sight, they took off my cuffs and dragged me to the king. I felt weak from their grip, and I didn't try to escape. As I looked over to the direction Kate went to, I whispered back,

"I know you won't."