History Repeats

Your comments are always appreciated guys! Thank you all so much for reading my story, I'm glad you like it (:

It was another week before things started to become interesting. Hermione had just finished an essay and dropped it in to her professor’s office before breakfast. It was finally the weekend again and she was planning on spending a nice day with her friends in Hogsmeade.

She walked down to the great hall and looked out at the sun coming up over the grounds, the green grass finally beginning to get back to its full growth. She couldn’t really believe that in six months she wouldn’t be here anymore, she would be out in the real world finding something new to consume her life. That might sound like a life sentence but she was so excited to be moving forward. The only bump in the road was how to tell her friends about Draco.

She wasn’t going to think about that now though, today she was halting her study and going out with her friends and spending the evening with her boyfriend. Her lips twitched into a smile; she still couldn’t get used to it. If someone had told her two years ago that she would be willingly spending her nights wrapped in Draco Malfoy’s arms she would have scoffed and turned away.

Things grow and change over time and she wondered if Draco would even be here if she hadn’t entered his life. The cold licked her skin as she thought of the story about the aconite. She had never known such pain as that which she had seen in him. She often wondered how much more he was hiding from her about it. She knew not to push him when it came to deeper wounds. They were still painful and she could see it in his eyes sometimes. All she wanted was for him to stop hurting.

When she sees that look it makes her heart ache, there was more pain in one concealed gaze than she had in her entire being. All she wanted to do was take it away.

She shook her head and tried to forget, that look had been appearing a little less lately and today was not about that. It was about escaping it, and escaping the memories of the painful past.

She walked through the doors of the great hall and saw most of them sitting at the table. She looked over to the Hufflepuff’s table to see Dean flirting with a group of sixth years and laughed at the way they were gaping up at him.

She walked down and sat next to Harry who was halfway through a plate of breakfast.

“I see Dean is up to his usual tricks.” She smiled and Ron and Ginny turned to see him smiling with those perfectly white teeth.

“I don’t know why they fall for that, he’s a right git if you ask me.” Seamus stabbed his bacon violently and Ginny raised her eyebrows at Hermione.

“You alright there Seamus?” Ron asked with a bit of a grin.

“I’m fine.” He said with his thick accent.

“Sounds like you might be a little jealous Seamus.” Hermione smiled and Harry sniggered a little.

“Yeah he’d like that. Why would I be jealous of that fool?”

“Don’t worry Seamus, you’ll find somebody…eventually.” Ginny laughed.

“Yeah, I’m sure you will… someday.” Harry chuckled.

“I don’t know, he’s pretty much the last one, even Neville’s got himself a girl.” Ron said.

“Hey!” Neville piped up.

“Come on mate, you got to admit that no one thought you’d get a girl before Seamus.” Ron shrugged, a big grin spreading across his face.

Neville looked away for a moment then shrugged back. “He’s right Seamus; I think you’ve fallen behind a little.”