Second Night

“What are you talking about?” He asked, confusion written all over his face.

“We have plenty of time to spend with each other.” She grinned.

“We have classes in an hour, or do you-” He stopped short as he looked down at his watch.

Thirteen minutes past seven?? He had just checked his watch a moment earlier.

“This is a Time Turner. This is how I get to all of my classes, a lot of them run at the same time so McGonagall gave me this in third year.”

“So does that mean we’re changing the past?” He asked.

“Yes and no. We’ve already done this and so the future you knew a few minutes ago when you came here is already set, unless you do something different this time around.” She spoke so nonchalantly and he was still trying to comprehend it all. “We’re doing exactly what we were doing last night, that won't change.”

“So you’re saying that while we’re in here, we’re also finishing dinner in the Hall?” She nodded and he thought he had a firm grasp on it, well, a loose grasp.

“It took me a while to get used to it too.”

“Well why haven’t we been doing this all year? We could turn it back for much longer than-”

“I try not to use it unless it’s for classes.” She said firmly.

“Why? You could get so much done.”

“Bad things happen to witches and wizards who play with time. If you just ran into yourself you’d think you were going mad because you wouldn’t know you’d turned back yet. There are wizards who try to turn back three or four times and it just causes chaos. You have to be very careful. You definitely don’t want something like this to get into the wrong hands.” She was right.

“So I get to spend all night here with you?” He gave her a small smile.

Her cheeks flushed and she nodded a little. “And no one will ever know, as far as they know, you ate dinner and went straight back to your common room.”

“This is remarkable. Can we see ourselves? It’s just so unbelievable, that’s all.”

Hermione thought about it, knowing it was a bad idea. She looked into his eyes, so full of something she rarely saw in them; wonder. She was nodding almost before she knew it.

“Later, I promise. For now can we just enjoy ourselves?” He grinned and pulled her into him, dipping his head and softly kissing her lips.

As she reached up on her toes and laced her arms around his neck he held her tighter and pulled his lips away to kiss her forehead.

“I knew you were a rule-breaker at heart.” He gave her a cocky grin and she pulled her face back to raise her eyebrows at him.