Chapter 21 ~ Anything Could Happen

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------

Ryley wakes up in her room at the Rose household to see a text from Ryder (he's staying with his parents).
Meet me in the McKinley Auditorium before we go to mentor some ND kids - Ryder :D xoxox
Ryley smiles and text back:
I will see you before that though right - Rye xoxoxo
I'm picking you up soon so you'll see me then. With Jake - Ryder xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Why are we doing so many xo's a the end? - Rye xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Cause we can :) - Ryder xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Love you ;) - Rye xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Love you too ;) - Ryder
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ryley smiles and goes to get ready for the day.

-----------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder enter McKinley later.
"I've got to go meet up with Michael. I'm mentoring him for Regionals." Ryder says and kisses Ryley's cheek.
"Ms Ryley Bridges." A voice says.
"Katie Fitzgerald. Still a bitch?" Ryley asks.
"Dunno. You guess?" Katie asks.
"I guess it's a yet." Ryley says.
"It's a maybe. I want to give you a welcome back gift." Katie says and snaps her fingers.
Four jocks come around the corners with a slushy each. Katie snaps her fingers again and all the coloured ice flies at Ryley. It's like a rainbow of colours.
As Ryley rubs it out of her eyes, she can hear Katie and the jocks walk away laughing. She then feels two hands on her shoulders in front of her.
"Rye? You alright?" A voice asks.
"Do I look alright, Blaine?" Ryley asks.
"That was a bad question to ask." Blaine says with a slight laugh.
"Don't laugh. Just get me cleaned up." Ryley says.
Blaine grabs her hand and drags her to a girls bathroom.
"Why are you, a guy, in a girls bathroom?" Ryley asks Blaine.
"I'm gay. It's alright. I'm not going to be a totally to be creepy with the girls." Blaine says.
Ryley laughs.
She hears water running then feels a wet cloth on her face. Blaine is wiping the ice and sticky syrup off her face.
"Thanks for helping. You're a good friend, Blaine." Ryley says with a smile as Blaine wipes her face.
"You're welcome." Blaine says.
"Have you ever been slushied?"
"A few times but the first worse had disastrous results."
"Please explain, Mr Anderson."
"When I was a Junior, we had a battle in a carpark against the Warblers. Sebastian threw a slushy at Kurt and be being heroic, pushed Kurt out of the way and I took it to the face. I had to get eye surgery since there wasn't just ice in the slushy; there was rock salt in it."
"Wow. I knew the Warblers were evil but not that evil."
"They haven't been the same since I quit."
"You were a Warbler?"
"Yeah. I was their lead. That's how I meet Kurt. He was spying on us and I sung to him Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. It was for me, love at first sight."
"Aw, that's so romantic."
Blaine smiles, "I know."
After a while, Ryley is cleaned up as best as Blaine can clean her. The two of them then leave the bathroom.

----------------------------------------------

Ryley walks into the auditorium to find Ryder on the stage, grinning like an idiot.
"Hey." Ryley says, smiling.
"Hey." Ryder says, smiling.
Ryley runs down the steps, almost tripping up once or twice. She kisses Ryder as she goes onto the stage.
"Happy Valentine's Day, babe." Ryder says once they part from their kiss.
"You told me that when you picked me up this morning." Ryley says, smiling.
"I know but I wanted to say it again." Ryder continues to grin.
"So why'd you ask me to meet you here?"
"Can't we just talk in an auditorium."
"No we can not, Mr Lynn. It's Valentine's Day. Is there something romantic planned for me or something?"
"Sort of."
Ryder grabs her hands, pulling her into a slow dance to no music.
"So we're just going to dance to no music?" Ryley asks.
"And reminisce." Ryder says.
"About what?"
"We had our first kiss on this stage."
"No. We made out at your house."
"I'd call the one on stage to be our first proper kiss.
"Oh. I also broke your heart on this stage."
"Yeah but I'd like to forget about that."
"We reunited in a hotel room."
Ryder smiles, "That's just how romantic we are." He kisses her again.
"Would you call our relationship love at first sight?"
"No. I don't. It took time for to realise I really did truly love you."
"Same here."
"But I know now I love you so much."
"I love you too."
They kiss again then part, just enjoying each other's warmth as they sway to no music.