Chapter 2 ~ You Are The Music In Me

So the title for this chapter is a HSM2 song.

Don't judge.

High School Musical, Spice Girls, NSYNC and Glee's cover of Creep are my total guilty pleasures by far. And looking at pics of the glee guys shirtless (PROBLEM?)

Enjoy this chapter though guys!

---------------------------------------------

Ryder sits up, panting and sweating. He just had another nightmare and he's hoping to not wake up Ryley next to him. He gets out of bed, quietly and slowly. He walks out of the room, shirtless since that's how he sleeps.

He sits out in the living room, remembering the dream...

~Dream Mode...~

"Sorry Mr Lynn. Mrs Lynn is dead."

Those were the words Ryder didn't want to hear from the doctor. He ran down the hallway to the room Ryley's now dead form is in. He opens the door slowly and looks at the pale and lifeless body on the bed. The only colour on her body is dried up blood and fading bruises. She was murdered and abused by a trusted person. Casey Dean, the last boyfriend Ryley had before promising her love to Ryder. Her romance with Casey only lasted a couple of months but they ended up being friends.

"How is she?" A voice asks from behind Ryder.

Ryder turns to see Casey. Anger pumps through Ryder and he zooms up to sad looking brown haired ex-Warbler who looks like he is more mature than who he was in their Senior year of high school.

"You did this to her! You killed her, you bastard! You be fricking locked up!" Ryder shouts, grabbing the collar of Casey.

"She neglected me! I loved her!" Casey shouts.

"She didn't love you. She married me and we were happy but you ruined it." Ryder says, releasing Casey.

"You should know she was pregnant." Casey says.

"What?" Ryder is shocked.

"She was two months pregnant. She hadn't told anyone since she wanted a while to see if she was really pregnant." Casey says, folding his arms and leaning on the wall.

"How come she trusted you with this? Why not Marley? Or me?" Ryder asks.

"I didn't kill her. I found her and her last words were telling me she was pregnant." Casey says.

Casey vanishes and the whole scene changes in Ryder's dream. He's dressed in all black at a funeral.

Ryley's funeral.

He doesn't want to be but she was his wife and he has to be here. One of the things he doesn't want to do is look in the coffin. He can't bear to look at Ryley's lifeless body.

Marley's already balling her eyes out with Rachel and Kurt also doing the same. The boyfriends of the three are comforting them while Ryder is pushing back his urge to cry.

After a while, he finally looks in the coffin to see Ryley, beautifully pale. Her short just past her shoulder length brown hair just rests beautifully around her face.

Ryder gently strokes her hair just like he would do when he'd wake up before her. It's still as soft and silky as always but this time she's not waking up.

As he stroked her cheek, her body crumbled to ashes, blowing away in a gusting wind that blew past him.

That was when he woke up.