Chapter 17 ~ Beautiful

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------

A week had passed since Ryley began rehearsals for West Side Story and in one week, Ryder has become worried for Ryley. She's distant, not eating and always going into the bathroom after she does eat.
He lays in bed and looks over at the bathroom door and hears music playing from inside of it. Maybe Ryley's just listening to music while getting ready for bed. But this is something she's only been doing for the last week.
Really, inside the bathroom, Ryley is sticking her fingers down her throat, trying to become skinny when she already is.

---------------------------------------

Ryley goes to unisex bathrooms at the theatre where they rehearse West Side Story. Opening night is a in a couple of days and Ryley still isn't skinny enough for Penny, Ella and Jasmine's expectations. They look skinny in their tight singlets and track pants when they rehearse.
The door to the bathrooms open while Ryley is sticking her fingers down her throat. The door to her bathroom cubicle opens slowly.
"Ryley!? What the hell are you doing?" A voice asks. It's Blaine.
"I'm not skinny enough for them." Ryley says, facing Blaine with tear stained cheeks.
"You are skinny and you're beautiful." Blaine says, helping Ryley up.
"I'm not at all." Ryley says, crying.
"Does Ryder know this is happening?" Blaine asks.
Ryley didn't think of how Ryder would react to this. She suddenly feels sick, "He doesn't know."
"You should tell him. He's your boyfriend and you guys are in love. I tell Kurt everything since he's my boyfriend and I love him." Blaine says. He takes out a breath mint and gives it to Ryley even though she doesn't want.
"I'm not hungry." Ryley says.
"I'm not leaving this bathroom without I know you've had food and you're better. Take the breath mint, Rye and come with me." Blaine says.
Ryley takes the breath mint from Blaine and puts it in her mouth. He watches as she chews on it then swallows it. He then drags her out of the bathroom and tells the producer that they're going to get lunch.
Blaine takes Ryley to the nearest McDonald's and orders both of them large Big Mac combos with Coca-Cola's.
"Eat, girl." Blaine says, passing her the bag of food as they sit down.
Ryley sighs and opens the burger wrapper up. She reluctantly eats it.
"Who made you think you're fat and ugly?" Blaine asks, eating his own burger.
"People." Ryley says, taking small bites of her food.
"Who?" Blaine asks.
"Penny, Ella and Jasmine." Ryley says.
"Those plastic girls? They made you want to do what I found you doing in the bathroom." Blaine says.
"Yes."
"Well, you should stop. I don't want to be kissing a girl with vomit breath during West Side Story."
Ryley genuinely smiles.

-------------------------------------------

Ryley stood in the bathroom that night, thinking what she's going to do. Since Blaine found her and took her to McDonald's, she's wanted to throw up but Ryder still doesn't know what's happening with Ryley.
She has to tell him. She exits the bathroom and finds Ryder lying in bed, still awake.
"Hey." Ryder says as Ryley gets into bed.
"Hey. I have something important to tell you." Ryley says.
"What's that?" Ryder asks, sitting up.
"I've been forcing myself to throw up for the last week." Ryley says, her face full of sadness.
Ryder immediately gets deja vu, remembering back when he found Marley forcing herself to throw up all those years ago. He shakes the memory from his head and returns to the present.
"Who made you do that?" Ryder asks, knowing that someone is behind this.
"These girls who I work with for West Side Story called Penny, Ella and Jasmine." Ryley says.
"They should be fired for making you do that." Ryder says.
"No one will believe me." Ryley says.
"Does anyone else know about this?" Ryder asks.
"Blaine."
"How does he know?"
"He was the one who found me and told me to tell you."
"Remind me to thank him later."
"Am I beautiful though?"
"Of course you are. On the outside and the inside."
Ryley smiles and kisses Ryder passionately then lies down. Ryder lies down too, putting his arms around her. She then sings, looking at the wall.

Every day is so wonderful
Then suddenly it's hard to breathe.
Now and then I get insecure
From all the pain, I'm so ashamed.

She unwraps Ryder's arms from around her since he is asleep and she goes into the bathroom to look at herself.

I am beautiful no matter what they say.
Words can't bring me down.
I am beautiful in every single way.
Yes, words can't bring me down... Oh no.
So don't you bring me down today.

She's going to rehearsals and walking inside the theatre with Blaine. She's still singing.

To all your friends you're delirious,
So consumed in all your doom.
Trying hard to fill the emptiness.
The pieces gone, left the puzzle undone.
is that the way it is?

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring you down....oh no
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring you down, oh, no
So don't you bring me down today...

She looks over at Penny, Ella and Jasmine, who are now being fired because Blaine must of told the producers about what happened.

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what we say
(no matter what we say)
We're the song inside the tune
Full of beautiful mistakes

Ryley starts to the dance for one of the numbers while still singing her song.

And everywhere we go
(and everywhere we go)
The sun will always shine
(the sun will always, always shine)
And tomorrow we might wake on the other side

We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down, no, no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring us down, oh, no
So don't you bring me down today

She's standing in the unisex bathroom. The same one where Blaine found her. She's looking into the mirror at herself.

Oh, yeah, don't you bring me down today, yeah, ooh
Don't you bring me down ooh... today 

She looks towards the same cubicle Blaine found her vomiting. She sighs and exits the bathroom to return to rehearsals.

--------------------------------------------------------

Songs Used:
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

Vote!
Comment!