Chapter 7 ~ You're The One That I Want

Enjoy!

----------------------------------------

"Ryley, we need you to sing Hopelessly Devoted To You again."
Ryley looks at Jackson, the director, and nods at him. Ryder's back stage at the moment, getting into his costume for a dress rehearsal of Summer Nights soon. Ryley gets up from her spot on a box and grabs the microphone stand with the microphone on it. She puts it in the front and centre of the stage and then takes a couple of deep breathes.
All her cast members are scattered around the theatre and all of them are looking at her.
She's not nervous though. She's performed in front of more people alone. Like those times she'd have solos at competitions with the Glee club.
This isn't any different.
She looks at the guy in charge of the music and nods at him to start.

Guess mine is not the first heart broken
My eyes are not the first to cry
I'm not the first to know
There's just no getting over you

She should of sung this song when Ryder broke her heart back in Junior year when he used her to make Marley jealous by making out with her. She thought it was special to both of them and back then, she realised it wasn't special. It just took Ryder some time to realise it was special to him too.

You know I'm just a fool who's willing
To sit around and wait for you
But, baby, can't you see
There's nothing else for me to do?
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm out of my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

Ryder walks out into the sides of the stage, arms folded in curiosity. He just stands, watching his girlfriend sing the most beautiful song of Grease.

My head is saying, "Fool, forget him."
My heart is saying, "Don't let go.
Hold on till the end."
And that's what I intend to do
I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's nowhere to hide
Since you pushed my love aside
I'm out of my head
Hopelessly devoted to you

Everyone watching claps for Ryley.
"You have so much talent, Ryley." Jackson says, pointing at her.
"Thank you." Ryley says, looking at her feet to hide the slight blush appearing on her face. She looks over to the side, putting a piece of hair behind her ear. She sees Ryder, smiling at her. She smiles back.

---------------------------------------------------------

Ryley and Ryder just came back from practice when the doorbell rang. Ryley slowly goes to the door from the couch to answer it.
"I'm coming!" Ryley shouts as the person on the other side of the door keeps knocking.
She opens the door to see two people she didn't expect in New York so soon.
"Kitty! Unique! What are you guys doing here?" Ryley asks with joy in her voice, receiving hugs from her friends at the door.
"We heard you were going to be doing a performance of Grease with Mr Lynn so we had to come see it." Unique says.
"And we have to compare it to our hit version back in sophomore year." Kitty says and Unique smacks her arm.
"Well our one is going to be more higher budget than a high school one." Ryder says from his spot on the couch. He gets up to give Unique and Kitty hugs.
"Where's Marley and Jake?" Unique asks.
"Out, I guess. We just came home from practice." Ryley says. The four of them go sit in the living room.
"So how's Julliard?" Kitty asks.
"It's going fine. We've had to recently juggle Grease and school but it's fine. How's LA?" Ryder asks.
"Kitty here has a boyfriend and you'll know him." Unique says, nudging Kitty.
"Who is it?" Ryley asks.
"I'm sort of dating Joe." Kitty says.
"Sort of?" Unique asks, joyfully.
"Okay, I am dating Joe." Kitty says.
"Aw, that's so interesting." Ryder says.
"What about you, Unique? Found someone?" Ryley asks.
"A lot of guys are confused about me being who I am so I'm fine being single since that means I get to belt out Beyoncé's Single Ladies all the time." Unique says.