Chapter 8 ~ Silver Lining (Crazy Bout You)

This chapter will probs be TWO PARTS due to the fact I plan to have FIVE songs for this part of the story. This chapter will have 3 of the 5 while the second will have the last two.

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------

"The freshman showcase is coming up. I wonder who's going to be chosen." Jake says with his arm over Marley. Ryder and Ryley are with them. The four are standing in the hallways of Julliard, before their first classes.

"I heard they come around during classes and hand out envelopes." Ryder says.

"Apparently they just post a list up." Ryley says, gesturing to her vocal classes teacher Mr Sanchez posting a list on the note board near them. A large group of freshman surround it. Some leave sad, others leave happy.

"I must see if I made that list." Marley says, rushing to the list. Ryley follows her then Jake and Ryder follow them.

"I made the list!" Ryley cheers.

"So did I!" Marley shouts, squeezing the life out of Ryley in a hug.

"I...can't....breathe." Ryley gasps out. Marley lets go with a mumbled "Sorry".

"I made the list too." Jake says.

"Same here." Ryder says.

"Me too." A voice says. The four friends look at the source of the voice; it's Casey.

"Hey Casey." Ryley says.

"Hey." Casey says.

"Any ideas of what you're singing?" Ryley asks.

"I'm thinking an Ed Sheeran song." Casey says then walks off down the hallway.

"What are you singing, Rye?" Marley asks Ryley.

"There's this Jessie J song I'm really into at the moment." Ryley says.

"You mean that one she sung for the Silver Linings Playbook soundtrack?" Marley says.

"Yes, that one. What about you?" Ryley asks.

"I'm thinking some Tay-Tay. Jake? What are you singing?" Marley asks, looking over at her boyfriend.

"I'm going to sing some Coldplay. Ryder?" Jake asks.

"I've got a surprise." Ryder says.

----------------------------------------------------

The showcase comes quickly and of course, Rachel, Kurt, Santana, Brittany, Blaine and Finn had to come watch their younger friends perform in the big freshman showcase. Marley was up first and she walked onto the stage with a microphone.

"I'm Marley Rose and I'll be singing Starlight by Taylor Swift." Marley says with a smile into the microphone.

She nods at the band to begin.

I said, "Oh my, what a marvelous tune"

It was the best night, never would forget how we moved.

The whole place was dressed to the nines,

And we were dancing, dancing

Like we're made of starlight

I met Bobby on the boardwalk, summer of '45

Picked me up late one night at the window,