Chapter 36

Harry ~

Horan.

Harry Horan.

Mr. Horan

Mr. Harry Horan.

I kept thinking about it over and over again, constantly replaying it when it's finally official. I can't believe he asked me to marry him! Finally. I get to spend the rest of my life with Niall.

The ring was stunning. So beautiful and simple. Niall said he picked this ring out for me because it reminded him of me. I blushed when he said that. Good to know I'm on his mind as much as he's on mine.

A high two beeps honk outside and the sound of a car door closing interrupts my fantasies.

"Niall? Who's that?"

"I.. Uh, I called your mum."

"What?" I hiss. "You called her when I'm like this? I didn't plan on telling her, Niall!"

"About your condition or our engagement?" He asks.

"My condition, of course. I want to scream it to the whole wide world about our engagement," I reply, a blush creeping on my cheeks.

"Well, I called her to tell her officially in person." He stood up and turns around just before opening the door. "I asked for her blessing."

"You.. Asked for her blessing?" I question, my heart warming my body up. I don't know if I'm supposed to feel a tingle in my body, but I do, and that has to be a good sign.

"Niall!" I hear a high pitched voice scream. Familiar, petite hands throw themselves around Niall's neck, kissing his cheek. "Where's my little boy?"

I groan to myself. "Over here, mum."

She removes herself from her right embrace and runs over to me. Knowing she's squeezing me tight, and I couldn't feel it, tore me apart. I put my head on her shoulder, giving her some type of affection I could do.

"Harry, honey, you can hug me back," she giggles.

"Mum. Sit down," I sigh.

She backs away and sits down awkwardly, rising up her eyebrow. "What's going on? What's wrong?"

"Mum, I'm paralyzed from the neck down. I'm sorry it came out like this, so sudden and all, but please don't freak out."

She throws her arms up in the air and screams in horror. Niall runs over to me and covers my ears with his large hands. He nods, understanding.

"Don't freak out? My baby is paralyzed! How did this happen? When did this happen?" She shouts quickly, pacing around the room impatiently.

"We got in a car crash. Niall almost didn't wake up, mum. We're both lucky to be alive. It happened last week."

"Last week?"she squeaked. "Why am I hearing about this now then?"

"What was I going to say? 'Hey mum, I'm paralyzed! Love you!' No. I don't think that was going to happen." My shoulders moved a little as my first instinct was to shrug like always.

"HARRY!" Niall shouts.

"What?" I ask, cringing. "Niall, I'm right here, babe. No need to scream in my ear."

"You moved! Your shoulders! T-they moved a little bit!" He trembled in excitement.

"What! Oh my God! This is amazing!" I cheer. I was engulfed in another hug by my mum.

I could feel some of it.

It was a miracle.

One second, I couldn't feel her touch.