Chapter 42

Niall~

"Dad?" I gasp. My knees began to shake and my head was spinning. There is no way my father was here. He left. He left us damn it! He can't just come back! Especially in blue jeans and a simple tee. It's my wedding. Good job, father.

"Hello, son." He smiled and put his hand out to me, waiting for me to fill the space.

What was he thinking? That I was just going to come back like a little kid? Oh no, I changed. I am no longer some little kid who feared his father and was always too small. I am a grown man who happens to know how to kick ass. And if it has to be his, so be it.

I slap his hand away and sneer in disgust. "What are you doing here? Especially at my wedding?" I look over at Harry. Of course, he looked terrified. "Our wedding." I smile to calm him down.

"Well you are my son. And I am your father," he begins to explain.

I snort. "Ha. Barley."

"I'll ignore that," he grumbles rudely. "Anyways, I'm assuming my invitation was lost in the mail. And this is a party, so why not join in?"

"Because you were not invited!" I yell. "You were never going to be invited! I told you when you left that you were dead to me. And my feelings has and never will change. So I suggest you leave before I make you."

Harry tugs at my arm and pulls me back a couple steps, taking side glances at my poor excuse of a father. God, I hated him. He made mum's and mine lives a living hell. When he was drunk, the devil came out within his black soul. When he was sober and just got mad over nothing, he would take it out on us. It wasn't fair. My life then was not fair at all.

"Niall, love, I think you should calm down a bit. That's your dad right there," he suggests.

"Are you kidding me, Harry? Do you not remember what he did to me and my mum? He hit her!" I hissed. "He made our lives unbearable and I can never, ever forgive him for that!"

"Maybe this is a way of a second chance. Perhaps he changed, Niall. Look at you. You changed. Maybe he can, too."

"Don't you dare compare me to that monster, Harry! I will never be like him! I'd slit my throat first! I'd jump off a bridge and pummel to the ground before I turn into that thing!" I whisper-scream. I felt my blood boil and it didn't feel good whatsoever.

"If you remember, you once called yourself a monster. And you were nothing of the kind. I didn't leave you. I never wanted to. Maybe you need to give your dad a chance like I gave you one. If you forgot, we didn't have the best start." He makes a good point, which only infuriates me more. Damn him. He was too smart.

"How could I forgot? Whether you like it or not, it haunts me every single day. But my dad is not a good man, Harry. He will make you believe he's the sweetest man, but when it's time, he'll rip you to bits and pieces. You need to trust me." I let that all out in one exhale.

"Am I really that bad?" My father snickers.

That's it.

"How dare you eavesdrop on us! Get away from me and Harry! Make that everyone, in fact! Just. Get. Away." I reach my arms out to his neck but Harry holds me back by my waist. All I wanted to do was kill this man who was my flesh and blood.

"You know, I was pretty disappointed I had to hear about this little celebrations from the locals. I know you know Ireland is quite small, yes? Such a shame my RSVP card wasn't handed to me by carriage."

"A carriage?" I spit out. "You're lucky I don't kill you where you now stand! I don't care who watches! So I suggest you leave before I'm sent to jail on my wedding night for murder!"

He smiles. "Tsk, tsk. I don't recall raising you like this, number 5."

"You have no right to call me that anymore! Never again! And raising me? You mean when you weren't bloody drunk and hitting my mum? You're a piece of shit!" Tears were building up in my eyes of anger as all eyes were on us. I heard Harry sniffle, but I didn't think to turn around. I was too upset to look at anyone's reaction.

"Remember, kid. This is your father you're talking to. I made you. And I can break you."

"My father would never do what you did to me. He would never ruin my life the way you did. He would never mentally abuse me like you have. Never. And break me? Ha. Ha. I'd love to see that. Really, I do," I chuckle darkly. My eyes burned a hole into his and the world stopped moving. So did my feet apparently, because they won't leave.

"Is this how you treat your flesh and blood, Niall? Like animals?" He asks.

"I treat people what they are. And if you're an animal, that's what i'll treat you as. Simple as that. You may be my biological father, but you will never be my dad. You lost that privilege officially when you left. So why don't you do what you best and leave? It's what you're best at."

"Believe it or not, but I'm trying to patch things up. With you. With your mother. And make friends with your new husband."

"The hell you are! You will not step one foot close to us! Do the world a favor and fuck off! I hate you." I heave back and forth as my heart pounds. He's psyche if he thinks he's going to talk to my Harry. I will not let him be exposed to that.

"Niall-" he begins, but I cut him off before he speaks another word. I was done listening. His presence disgusted me.

"Stop. If you don't mind, me and my husband have a plane to catch. Feel free to burn in hell. Goodbye." I grab Harry and jump into the limo I rented us.

I felt horrible. Not because of what I said to my father, but for Harry. I feel like I just messed up our whole wedding. How could I have been so stupid? I haven't even looked at him yet, but I can tell he's stone hard. He deserved a beautiful farewell like they do in the fairy tells. But I just messed it up. Like always.

"No you didn't, Niall," Harry breathes, collapsing his hand over mine.

"What?"

"You didn't mess it up. I don't want to talk about this, but I'm just reliving you some of your stress. The wedding was perfect and everything was magical. Just like a fairy tale, okay? You're my prince and I wouldn't trade you for the world." He buckles his seat belt and leans in to kiss me. "I love you."

I melt into his sweet kiss and intertwine my fingers with his. "I love you, too."

"Where are we off to?" He asks me, staring out the window as we head off.

"Airport."

"Ooh! Where are we going?"

I look at him, cocking my head to the side with a crooked smile.

He sighs. "You're not going to tell me, are you?"

"Nope."

"Well fuck. I guess i'll die of anxiety then."

"I'll make sure it's a nice funeral."

"You would do that? For me?" He fake gushes.

"Anything for you." I kiss his nose and lean back into my seat. "Now close your eyes and try to get some sleep before we get there. We have a long ride."

"Do we? Okay. I love you. Sweet dreams my husband," he whispers as he drifts.

"Same to you my husband." I close my eyes and make my self comfortable.

I fade farther and farther away with my hand in Harry's and the thought of my father in my mind.

I was married to Harry.

We had a lovely party.

My father is back.

This is way too much.

~darkness x

(Not that I don't LOVE all your comments. But my favorite was;

"SHIT."

Haha that made me laugh so much! Love you all and I want ALL your comments on the chapter! What do you think?

And I changed my icon. Like it? Haha x probably not ._. Anyways love you all. Thank you xx)