Chapter 3

(A/N please comment and vote x thank you all so much)

Harry~

He marked me? I can't believe this. Who does that? Who allows someone to do that..?

I need to get out of here.

I squirm to the window and check if its locked. I turn it open and smirk. Not so smart, you bastard. I crawl out of it and shut it close behind me quietly, making sure Niall doesn't hear me.

Down, Harry, down. Be careful. I slide my feet down the roof and look at my steps everywhere I move. I carefully slide my feet down and jump off the lowest escalation I could find. And then I heard a crack.

"My ankle!" I screech. I squeeze my eyes shut and clamp my hand over my mouth. "Don't forget about, Niall," I thought. I army crawl behind a garbage can and look at my ankle, which is already swelling immensely.

"Yo, Mike! Come here! I found something!"

I look around to find out who's talking, but there's no one there.

It's not Niall, I know this for sure, because this voice was higher and urgent.

"Mm, delicious," another voice hums.

Please don't be talking to me. Please.

"Hey Curly, what are doing over here? Alone?" A tall man asks me.

"Leave me alone," I plead.

"Aww, Josh! He doesn't want us here! What do we do?" He asks the shorter one.

"I have an idea, Mike. How about we not give a fuck what he's saying and make him beg for mercy?" Josh taunts.

"Oh, I like that. What do you think Curly?" Mike asks me.

"Fuck off."

I cry out in pain when I feel Mike's foot kick my stomach strongly. "Beg, you piece of shit!"

"Go.. To hell," I choke out.

Josh grabs a handful of my hair and thrusts my head up, making my eyes look at the sky. "Beg, fucker!"

"Pl-"

"Harry!"

We all look toward the direction of the yell and I see Niall running towards us and knocking Josh off me. He grabs his neck in his large, vein popping hand and slams it up and down on the concrete repeatedly. Mike finally realizes what's happening and he launches at Niall. Niall hears Mike's feet screech against the pavement and he grabs his ankle, swatting him down. Thrown punches covered in blood hit his abdomen furiously.

Harry, do something! He'll kill these guys!

I stand up and limp towards him, touching his shoulder to stop him. He reacts and sends me flying across the wall with a loud thump.

"Niall.." I breathe. "Stop.."

Niall's eyes widen in horror and he stands up away from them. "Harry.. I'm.."

"Get the fuck away from me," I say, lifting up my leg.

He looks down and frowns, examining my hurt ankle. He throws me over his shoulder and runs toward his house.

Oh hell no. I'm sober this time.

"Let me down!" I yell, hitting his back with my fists. "Niall! I'm serious!"

"Shut up," he grumbles angrily.

"Let. Me. Down!" I try again.

He ignores me this time, so I just give up. Why bother? He's too strong, and too damn stubborn. How do you stop a person like that?

He kicks his front door open and leads me to his living room, dropping me on his couch. He begins to pace back and forth. Sometimes taking glances at my ankle now and again.

"What were you thinking!" He shouts. "You could've been killed! I told you to stay in the room! Fucking God, Harry, I could've lost you already!"

That hit me hard. I couldn't understand what he meant by "losing" me. Sure, things could've gone worse, but why did he care?

"I didn't want to stay here!" I screamed back. "I don't know you! You're just some fucked up stranger who's keeping me hostage!"

Niall grabs my throat, squeezing it around his fingers, and lifts me straight off the couch. He tightens his grip and has me dangling like a rag doll. I grasp his large hand in both of mine.

"Niall.. I can't.. B-breathe," my raspy voice cracks. I feel my lungs closing up, and my body turning weak. He must've seen my face turning blue, because when my eyes rolled to the back of my head, he dropped me.

My feet hit the floor hard and my ankle screams with pain. I grunt loudly and hold my ankle as I rock back and fourth. Niall looks down at me with hard eyes and disappears into the kitchen. A minute later, he comes back with a bag of ice and a Pepsi can.

"Here," he says, handing me the can.

"I don't want it," I reply harshly.

"Drink it," he yells, shoving the can in my hand.

"Fuck you!"

He grunts loudly and sets the can on top of the coffee table. He picks me up bridal style and lies me on the couch while he grabs a pillow.

"Niall, what are you do-"

"Be quiet."

He gently rises my swollen ankle up and plops it in the pillow he brought. Niall grabs the bag of ice and lies it across the swelling, rubbing the sides.

Wait. He's helping me? I didn't see that coming.

I lie there and stare at him with bewildered eyes. The ice is so cold it feels like a burn, but it begins to kick in and soothes my troubled area.

"What?" Niall snaps.

I stare at him. His face is so hard, but his eyes are so sympathetic. There is something inside of him that makes me feel like he does care.

"Why are you doing this?"

"Doing what?" He asks as he stares at my ankle.

"This," I say, pointing at my injury. "Why are you helping me?"

"Do you fear me, Harry?"

Yes.

"No."

He sighs and gives me a crooked smile that sends shivers down my spine. "Look, Harry. I don't like to yell at you. I hate it. I just want to protect you."

"Why? Why me? It could've been anyone else in that alley," I explain.

"There is no one else like you. I saw you. At the club. Just walking around, being disgusted by what you saw, and you left. It intrigued me. You, intrigue me. You're so innocent." He traces his finger along my foot and adjusts the ice.

"Why did you give me this love bite?" I whisper.

He cocks his head to the left and smirks. That smile..

"Because you're mine."

Again with this. "What does that even mean?" I say louder than I intended to.

"My property. My claim. My all of you," he says seductively, looking at me up and down. "Just mine." He stands up and sits on the coffee table, next to the can. He takes it in his hand and offers it to me again. I nod and take a sip of it, not ever taking my eyes off him. I give it back after a couple more gulps and i wipe my mouth.

"Niall.. Who are you?"

He leans in and touches my face.

"Yours."

He stands up and tries to leave. What's with him always trying to go away?

"Wait!"