Chapter 34

Harry~

Black.

Everything was black.

I don't know where I am or where I should be. My eyes were pinched closed and I couldn't open them. The smell in the air was unfamiliar, almost foreign. I heard muffled voices followed by tapping on what seems to be hard floors.

Am I dead?

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

I guess not. I peel open my eyes and look at the monitor next to me beeping slowly with each of my heart beats. My head was an excruciating pain, but nothing else hurt for some reason. That's good, right? My mind was swarming, but I caught focus on one thing.

Niall.

"Nu.." My throat was dry. I was in desperate need for water. I cleared my throat and tried again. "N-nurse!"

A woman in white rushes to me, yelling for the doctor. She checks my eyes with bright lights. I flinch, remembering then clearly. I was in a car crash with Niall. And I still don't know where he is.

"Nurse," I whispered.

"Glad to see your eyes, Mr. Styles. Do you know where you are?" She asks, holding a clip board.

I shake my head.

"You are in the hospital, sir. You were in a severe car crash a couple days ago."

"A couple days?" I ask.

"Yes, sir. Both you and Mr. Horan were in one."

"Niall. Nurse, where is he? Please tell me he's okay."

"I will give you more information when you answer the rest of my questions. Does anything hurt?"

I narrow my eyes. "Just my head. Nothing else," I answer.

She writes down quickly, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why doesn't anything hurt, nurse? What's wrong with me?"

She sighs uncomfortably, like it was hard for her to speak. "I'll let the doctor speak to you. Would you like to see Mr. Horan?"

"Yes. Please."

She picks me up from the bed and sets me in a wheel chair. I was starting to get scared, because I couldn't feel her hands hastily grab my legs. I couldn't feel her long nails dig into my skin when she had a hard time setting me down. I couldn't feel it.

We reach an elevator.

"Why are we going in here?"

"We're going upstairs, sir."

"Why?"

"Your friend is in critical condition. I can't say much more. I'll let the doctor explain it, okay?"

Damn her. I wanted to know now! I nod my head and she pushes me down a long hallway, reaching a room with the number 205 plastered on the door. When we enter, the doctor is already standing beside Niall.

Oh my God.

Needles in his arms, tubes in his mouth, bandages around his stomach and legs.

"Niall!" I gasp.

"Sir, calm down," the nurse says.

"I will not calm down! What's wrong with him? Why does he look like that?"

"Sir," the doctor pipes up. "Mr. Horan is an severe care. We need this machine here to help him breathe, for he can't do it himself. These needles are for his blood, and the bandages are to wrap his injuries. Know we are doing everything we can to save this young mans life. We are grateful you're okay, sir."