○Chapter Eight

Why are you so reckless?" Eli asked as I sat beside him and Jason in the car. I raised an eyebrow at him. Me? Reckless?

"Reckless how?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes. "What are you doing standing on the street two towns over, alone at night?"

"It's not even that late." I protested.

Why was he getting so upset? I'm sorry that they both waited for me for hours but they never told me they would be coming to my house. So how was I supposed to know? Technically it's their own faults. I rolled my eyes and ignored him. Jason laughed and I shot a glare at him making him laugh more. The car arrived at my house and both boys got out. I decided not to question them and just led them up to my the front door. Just as I was about to open it the door opened and my dad stepped out. "Oh Krystal." He said just as I managed to squeak out. "Dad."

I haven't seen his face in weeks. He glanced at Jason and Eli then back to me. "These are my friends from school." I said quickly. He just nodded absently and walked past us.

"I won't be home tonight." He said as he walked down the front steps to get to his car that I hadn't noticed parked across the street.. What else was new? I shrugged off his indifference and opened the door.

"Did you guys need to tell me something?" I asked once they where both settled on the couch.

"No." Jason said looking to Eli. He shook his head in the negative. I looked at them puzzled. So then why where they here?

"Lets order some food."

Jason pulled out his cellphone. He looked through his contacts. I smirked. He had the delivery guy in his phone. That's pretty funny. When he hung up I asked. "So you guys waited on me for hours just so you could order food?"

They looked at each other then at me and said at the same time. "Of course." I couldn't hold my laughter in then and let it out. They laughed with me also at how absurd they sounded.

When the food came we sat around the table eating, joking and laughing. I watched them happily. I loved this feeling. It was like I had family again. Dad hasn't been there for me since Jessica disappeared. Mom even before she died wanted little to do with me. Jessica was the only one who loved me. She cared for me, asked about how I was feeling. But she's gone now too. I've been alone for so long now that I'd become immune to the feeling of loneliness. But now, with Eli and Jason here I don't feel so lonely. It feels like there are two people in this world who would care if anything happens to me.

I was in the kitchen getting another can of soda out the fridge for Eli when Jason came in. "Did you find out anything? Does Jimmy Santorini have anything to do with it?" He asked quietly. I looked at him shocked.

"How did you know I went to see him?"

He smirked. "I figured. Its not like you'd just sit and do nothing."

I smiled. I liked the way Minhyuk thought of me. To him I wasn't a coward. I was brave and bold. He had no doubt that I would be searching for answers.
"It's not him." I said sadly. It would have been so easy, so perfect, if it was Jimmy Santorini. Jason nodded sadly. I am sure that he had similar emotions. For the man responsible for his cousins death to swiftly be apprehended and punished. I wish I could have done that for him. It wasn't Jimmy Santorini but I would continue to look for the evil bastard.

As it got late the boys decided it was time to go. I saw them off waving goodbye before going back up to my apartment. I looked at the mess the boys made and laughed. They come in like a hurricane and then just leave. I cleaned up on my own with a smile on my face. I had just settled into my pajamas and was about to lay in my bed when there was a knock on the door. I stood there puzzled. Who could that be? I opened the door and Eli stood there again, his backpack slung over his shoulder and a bag in his hand. I titled my head slightly to the side and watched him curiously. "What are you doing here? You just left two hours ago."