CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

The limousine drove us straight onto the tarmac and pulled up in front of a very sleek looking jet.  I wasn't used to such deliberate displays of wealth and power.  Not many people could make a single phone call and have a private plane ready to go within hours.  

Kicking myself for not being a little more inquisitive on the business side of things with Ethan, it was hardly a time or place to ask him what, exactly, did he do for a day job.  At the very most I knew it was a family business, hence family meant father, hence I was trying to keep Ethan’s spirits up and not bring him up unecessarily.

All I knew is this plane would eventually land us in New York, where the  Senior Mr Knight was being looked after at New York Presbyterian Hospital, this was considered among the best in the world.

Our luggage was handled by the driver and given to two very neatly dressed airport personnel.   We were introduced to both of them, the gorgeous blonde with long willowy legs and the most gorgeous doe eyes was named Corrina, she was our hostess on the flight.  

To say Corrina was besotted by Ethan would be an understatement.  Grasping his hand and he proffered it for the introductions she held on to it a fraction too long.  As for the eye batting, it was enough to lift her off the ground.  

Ever the gentleman my midnight blue made some polite small talk and never let go of my hand until I was safely seated on board the plane.

Pilot Phelps was an extremely attractive man, he stood at almost the same height as Ethan, and wore his navy blue uniform well.  With a standard army  buzz cut his piercing green eyes held years of experience and I instantly felt at ease on this little plane.  He told us the conditions were terrific for flying this morning.

We would be refueling in the UK and and we should touch down in New York at approximately 0900 hours US time.  This was a going to be a long trip home and I was worried about Thomas Knights condition.  Alot could happen in twenty-four hours when it came to heart patients.  

 "Addison Captain Phelps has had over twenty-five years behind the controls, he’s the best in his field." Ethan confused the concerned look on my face for worry at the flight ahead.

"I'm sure he is the best, I'm always a little nervous before a flight." I lied, I loved flying but didn't want to tell Ethan my only concern about this flight was getting back to the US and his father...fast. "I will take a valium soon, helps me to relax."

"I could relax you." Cupping my chin in his hand it was hard not to get lost in his gaze.  I shook my head.

"Thank you Mr Knight, the offer is very tempting, but in this confined space I hardly think it appropriate to be canoodling in our seats." Holding his hand to my cheek I kissed his warm palm inhaling his scent of body wash and freshly laundered clothes and just Ethan.  It took all my might not to unzip his trousers and show him just how much I could relax him.

"Fine...for now, I just need to make one more call home before take off." And with that all playfulness fell from his face constricting my heart in one motion.  "I'm...worried."