Chapter Six

CHAPTER SIX

Stepping out of the car, the open air rooftop pool was amazing.  There was a 50 metre long pool lined on one end with round cabanas with half concertina roofs that were open  but could be closed if you wanted to use them for shade from the sun.

The other side of the pool was framed my a glass pool fence and looked as if you could fall out of that side of the pool.  It was amazing.

I lifeguard was walking around observing the occupants in the pools and flashed a 1000watt smile at me. Sauntering over he asked if I would like anything.  

“Towels are located near the change rooms, if you need help with anything just ask me.” Jake, as his name tag read, offering friendly information, maybe a little too friendly.

Ethan was very accommodating and didn’t rush me, even though he was scowling at Jake.  I took my time walking around the kids pool, looking in the shower rooms and watching the staff attend to the guests with towels and drink orders.  

“Im done Mr Knight.”  

“Great lets go, the lifeguard is undressing you with his eyes.”  

“It is his job to be aware of the guests Ethan.”  I could see Jake was definately on his game and kept a firm eye on the younger kids in the pool.  He waved at me as we heading back to the lift.

“What shall we do now?” Hoping to distract Mr dangerous blue eyes from the poor lifeguard, although I do think he was trying to antagonize just a little.  

“Why Ms Bates are you propositioning me?” That was it, we were both laughing at the hidden meaning in his response.  One minute our closeness was so intense like electrical sparks flying and the next its just an easyness that I have never felt before with another man.  Alex was always a little stiff and wasn’t the play around type.  I like this, it was...different...good different but intense all at the same time.

“C’mon, I know we both grew up in Sydney but lets see if we cant find something to do”.

Once again he took my hand and we descended in the car.

......

The Grand Hotel was only 6 months old since being sold and renovated by the Grand Hotel Group that had many establishments in Europe and Asia as well as some scattered throughout the USA.

It stood on George Street in Sydney and was closer to the historical Circular Quay and The Rocks end of town.  Almost every window in the building had views of Sydney Harbour. 

We walked out onto George Street and headed for The Rocks.  Making small talk and swapping stories of the times we spent in Sydney with our friends and family.  We walked slowly talking and looking out onto the Harbour.  We finally reached the newly refurbished Sydney Opera House and walked up to the top of the stairs taking in the breathtaking view.  We found some vacant benches that had a perfect view or the Harbour Bridge.