Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER TWELVE

I was almost ready to leave my suite for the busy day ahead, meeting at 10:30am with Henry and lunch with my other at the newest celebrity restaurant in town.  

Taking a last look in the mirror, I had blow dried my hair straight so that it hung smoothly to the middle of my back.  White business shirt with the top button undone, I wore the work silk scarf tied snuggly around my neck on the inside of my shirt.  This was how I always wore it when I was working from the office.  Black pencil skirt that skimmed my knees and patent black mary-jane stilettos.  

My outfit reflected my need for leadership today.  Henry knew I was successful at my job and I was about to show him how grown up I was now, not the naeive girl with a big dream anymore, sure I was still a little too trustworthy sometimes but I had learnt alot about myself since leaving Australia.  

I was confident of the fact that I could be thrown into any situation or social strata a keep my composure.  I looked after myself without having a man to govern the way and take the lead in a relationship.  I was financially secure and could even afford the occasional splurge on a designer shoe or a pair of sunglasses, which was a small vice of mine.

 It felt powerful to know that I was in control of my life...that was until I had meet the delectable Ethan Knight.  He was the one man that I could lose countenance over.

 If I was to meet Ethan this afternoon he had to know that I was in control...unlike last night, the thought of of our bedroom antics caused a stirring of my core! 

I added a light dusting of powder over my face, no need for blush today, every memory of last night was assaulting my senses causing me to blush.  I applied a line of eyeliner on my lids and black mascara.  Just a lick of lip gloss and I was good to go.

I picked up my black patent envelope clutch which my laptop fit into perfectly and left the comfort of my suite.

......

Walking into my old office was like walking into my old life.  Life was so normal back then.  I realized into my first year of travel, how cautious I approached my personal life.  Alex was very meticulous and never liked to expect the unexpected.  Heaven forbid if something wasn’t planned it just wasn’t done.

Waving to a couple of the girls I knew and introducing myself to the ones I didn’t, I kept walking towards Henry’s office.  It had been a year since my last assignment in Australia and I had a feeling he just wanted to check up on me.

Such a kind hearted man he was, like the father I had lost.  Henry and my mother were the only ones who truely understood and supported my breakup with Alex.  I found the strength to move on knowing they were on my side.

“Hey old man long time no see,” I was genuinely happy to see him.

He stood up and rounded the table, he hugged me tight and I felt comforted by this...he was my family.  He held my upper arms firmly at arms length and looked me up and down protectively.

“Hey kiddo hows my girl, ready to hand over the reign’s yet?” He said laughing, although there was some seriousness in his tone.

“Hen you should know me better than that, Im here to discuss my next few destinations with you, I haven’t lost the travel bug yet, but when I do you will be the first to know.” 

“Good, now we have that cleared up how are you fairing in the US?, and don’t piss in my pocket, I want the truth,” God I missed Henry, always straight to the point and didn’t take shit from anyone, let alone me.

“I’m great, lifes great.  Manhattan is amazing...but I do feel a little lost in that city, sometimes I entertain the thought of moving, perhaps to LA...maybe in a years time, I will get back to you on it,” Waiting for his reaction I could see the wheels turning.

“You know the US is the best vantage point in keeping you central to your work Addison. Tell me, are you thinking of coming back?” He questioned picking up his pen and tapping it on his chin.

“Oh Hen no way, thats not what I meant by moving back...trust me Im fine, the location is great and I am in no way complaining, just homesick sometimes thats all.” 

“Ok good, well I have emailed you your next six month criterion and I must say I am jealous,” Henry was laughing in great big bellows.

“I hear you have picked a little New York twang Addi.” He said smiling proudly over his half rim glasses. “It suits you my girl.” I hadn’t realized there was anything different about my speech.

I stayed for another half hour just going over the destinations and making small talk with my co-workers.  I couldn’t believe the list of amazing places I would be visiting and got the distinct feeling some of my colleages were jealous about it.

The best by far was The Burj Al Arab in Dubai, this is the only 10 star hotel in the world and I was to spend a week there.  I couldn’t wait for bragging rights on this destination.

Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean was also another hight light.  This country boasted the best beaches in the world and it was my job to find out why...It was tough but I sure as hell would handle it.

I could barely contain my excitement as I walked out of the office, giving Henry another goodbye hug I was really happy to have him as my boss and also my friend.  

I am editing my book as I upload.  I am about half way through of what I have written.  Hope you are liking it.  This was more of a filler chapter but provided some history to Addison's career.

Please vote!!!! And Comment!!!!

Lisadebells