Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Walking into Grand Bar and I was instantly impressed with the sexy suaveness of the room.  Lots of tall dark wooden tables and bar stools lined the main bar.  Smaller tables and chairs surrounded the outskirts of the room with low lighting creating mystery and privacy, perfect for secret dates or couples that were meeting for a lunch drink.  Each table was lit with a candle in small hurricane vase casting a serene glow on whoever sat at the table.

I walked to the far end of the bar and found a comfortable leather chesterfield lounge to sit at. Placing my shopping bags on the coffee table in front of me I admired the mahogany tables and parquetry flooring. 

A waitress took my order, I decided to indulge in some liquid courage in the form of a vodka martini pulling out my laptop while I waited for my drink...and the guest of honor.  

The waitress was back in a jiffy and placed my drink on a monogrammed hotel napkin. 

I sat my laptop on my lap and started typing away in the pages document, detailing the restaurant I ate at for lunch.  I added small exerps about the bar, the rooms, the staff of The Grand Hotel, I would elaborate tomorrow, possibly on the plane.  The plane that would take me away from Mr Midnight Blue.

It was 2:30 by the time I looked up from my notes.  He was late, I didn’t even have a cell number or email to contact him.  Maybe he’s not coming, I knew this was a possibility.  After all we were going no-where fast and today I was going to tell him so.  

The longer Ethan kept me waiting I resolved that last night was a one and only performance, there would be no encore of that ever happening again.  I was scowling and decided the only thing that would make me feel better was another drink.

I caught the eyes of the bartender holding up my drink and signaling one finger with my other hand.  They understood the secret language of ordering.  He had my drink to me in a jiffy and I wondered if he had already anticipated this next drink.  Damn you Ethan for not being here when you said you would  be. 

My martini was starting to have some affect on me and I was feeling mighty fine.  Well if I ever did see him again I would give him a piece of my mind.  This is the last time I would put myself out there. What was I thinking meeting him for a drink...?

I tossed down my second Martini and ordered my third when I saw a familiar tall framed man with dark tousled hair hurriedly approaching me.  Ethan, damn you and your dark sexy coolness! I scowled at him, I started to pack away my laptop to leave before my body betrayed me.

He was looking at me apologeticaly.  Midnight Blue eyes in full effect, I could not help but grimace further at him.  How dare he keep me waiting for forty minutes with not even getting a message to reception.  

“Ummm...sorry I’m a little late,” he said sitting down next to me with that breathtaking scent meshed with utter drop dead gorgeous looks and I was mad.  

“Yes well I have been forced to drink on my own and I cannot be held responsible for what comes out of my mouth...Im feeling a little tipsy,” with that a dainty hiccup came out.