Chapter 8 - Guys Are Like Bricks, Waiting To Be Laid

"Hadley, you do remember the way to school, right?" Quinn asked as I turned a different way then usual, in the opposite direction of the school.

"Yes Quinn, but I'm picking up a new kid at our school. Our parents our co-workers and my Mom told his parents I'd drive him today." I said as I looked down at his address that was written in black pen on my left hand.

"Oh, who is this new kid?" She asked with a small smirk on her lips as I turned down a street.

"His name is Kyle, he's our age, and they just moved here from Seattle." I said to her telling her everything I knew about him in one small sentence.

"Is he cute?" She asked as she tried to hide the smile on her face.

"He has a specific charm to him, there's something about him." I said with a smile appearing on my face as I turned down his street, and I was greeted with houses a bit smaller than my own.

"Well, I'm guessing one of his parents is a lawyer that works with your Dad?" She asked as she looked at all of the beautiful houses as we drove down the road and I looked for the house with the correct address.

"Yes, his Dad." I said as I found his house and pulled into he drive way.

"Is that him?" She asked as I looked up and saw him walking out of the house. He saw me and gave me a small smile.

"Yes, that's Kyle." I said as he walked towards the car.

"He is hot." She said as she watched him walked towards the back seat door after noticing Quinn was sitting in the passenger seat.

As she sat there the door opened and he climbed in with his bag.

"Hey Hadley," he said with a smile and looked at Quinn and gave her a small smile as well.

"Hey Kyle," I began as I smiled at him through the rear view mirror. "This is my friend Quinn."

"Hey Quinn, nice to meet you." He said politely as I began to pull out of his fairly long drive way.

"You as well," she said as she smiled back at him as I shook my head at her.

"Alright Kyle, so I'm supposed to bring you to the office and we'll get your schedule and locker. Then I'll let you go from there." I told him with kind smile as I drove down the road in the direction of the school

"So you're not going to give me a tour?" He asked with a small smirk as I turned a corner and just laughed.

"No, I'm pretty sure there is actually a club that does that." I told him laughing as I continued to drive.

"It's c-block first, right?" Quinn asked as she looked down at her phone as Jayden texted her.

"Yes, so I have math." I said sighing as I turned onto one of the main roads that will lead us right to the high school.

"Great, I have Spanish." She said with a long sigh as I kept my eyes on the road but let put a small laugh at her reaction.

"So is this school big?" Kyle asked as he looked up towards us after looking out the window.

"At first it seems big, but it's basically a big figure eight," I said as answered his question. "Don't worry though, you'll learn it quickly."