Chapter 7 - Guys Are Like Laxitaves, They Irritate The Crap Out of You

"You know, I think I'm pretty good at making cake." Connor said with a small smirk on his face as we stood in the kitchen baking cakes because about an hour ago my Mom called and asked us to bake five cakes for a get together we are hosting tonight.

"Well, we'll see about that," I said with a laugh as I grabbed a couple of eggs from the fridge, "will you please sift the flower?"

"Of course," he said with a small smile as he grabbed the container of flour from the counter and the sifter.

"I bet you ten bucks I'm better at sifting than you," he said as he opened the container and looked over his shoulder at me with a challenging look in his eye.

"You're on," I said with a smirk as I cracked the eggs into a bowl carefully as I heard him begin to pour flour.

"I am absolutely great at sifting, you know, I could become a professional sifter," he began as I heard him dumping flour into the sifter. "Shit."

"What did you do?" I asked as I filled up a measuring cup with some water and milk as I heard him say that one little word, indicating he messed something up.

"Uh, nothing." He said trying to cover up whatever he did from me.

"I don't believe you," I said as I turned around to find flour spilt all over the counter and floor.

"Apparently, when you sift flour you need a bowl underneath where you're dumping it," he said with a small smile.

"This is why you are not becoming a professional sifter," I said as I stared at the huge mess we now have in my kitchen. "You clean up your damn ass mess, I'm going to continue on the cakes."

"That's probably a good idea," he said nodding his head as he agreed with me.

"I'm aware," I said as I turned back to the bowl trying not to laugh at him.

******

"Well Hadley, I'm impressed you did that so quickly." Said my Mom with a smile as she looked at all five nicely iced cakes when she arrived home from work.

"Oh, well I had some help." I said with a small smile knowing I couldn't tell her who helped me, because they aren't coming over for dinner until Thursday night, and it's only Tuesday.

"Well who helped you? They deserve to be here tonight, that way they can enjoy the cakes they helped create." She said with a smile as she was standing by the counter and grabbing things to make dinner for my Dads' work friends.

"I can't tell you, but he said he had plans for tonight anyways so he isn't able to join us." I said shrugging my shoulders as I walked around the counter so I could go and shower so I didn't smell tonight.

"Okay," she said with a smile as she began to chop up some lettuce to make a salad. "Oh, and your father has hired at new employee, he has a son your age, Kyle. They'll be here tonight, and he's finishing the last two months here, so please try and be kind to him."

"Aren't I always kind?" I asked her with a laugh as I began walking towards the stairs slowly hoping she heard the sarcasm in my voice.

"Thanks Hads," she called once again as I made my way to my bedroom.

*****