Chapter 1 - Guys Are Like Roses, Gotta Watch Out For The Pricks

"Aren't you excited?" Quinn asked, as we walked up the front steps to the school. She was talking about the party my friend Tristan was hosting tonight at his house while his parents were out of town.

"I guess, but we've been to parties before." I told her, as I laughed at her while she nudged my hip. Everyday before a party Quinn got super excited about it even though we've been to plenty of them, there was something about them and it all went straight to her head.

"I know but Tristan always throws the best parties," she said, as she laughed and we met our group of friends near the front doors. The school didn't seem very crowded this morning, but it was awfully loud.

"Ew Hadley, leave." My friend Tyra said jokingly, as a smile appeared across her face. It's something she's always done and she loves it, but I don't mind it either.

"Hey bitches!" Jayden shouted, as she nudged my ribs with her elbow as she stood beside her boyfriend Sam. Those two were so in love, they've been dating for two years now and I'm almost positive they'll get married one day. I might be wrong, but everyone thinks they are perfect for each other.

"Okay Tyra, but we all secretly hate you." I began as I smiled jokingly at Tyra. "Jayden it's not nice to call people names."

"Oh Hadley, I'm not calling you a name. I'm stating what you are." She said,as she quickly apologized after that because she felt extremely bad. I laughed at what she said, and it was definitely good, but Jayden always feels bad afterwards.

"Well that was sort of mean but okay." I said as I laughed not really knowing what to do. As I was laughing I heard a loud wolf whistle and turned around. I groaned.

Walking up the stairs toward the front doors were our two school man whores, Connor Defoe and Cole Day. They slept with many different girls and each time the girl would end up heart broken.

Connor came to be a well-built, attractive senior while Cole was almost the same, yet a little smaller. They were both the exact same in personalities though, neither of them had one, yet somehow everyone loved them.

"Here come Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Whore." Said Quinn as she rolled her eyes annoyed. To this day, Quinn hated them for everything. That night, the last four years and everything between the time we met them until now. They drove people away, but girls still fell for their crooked smiles.

"Oh look, it's Hadley, Quinn, Sam, Jayda, Europe, Teera and Michael." Said Cole as the two of them walked past us as they messed up everyone but Quinn, Sam and myself's name. They did it all of the time, we've gotten used to it by now.

"You guys are such asses! Oh, and just so you know we don't want whatever you're selling!" Yelled Quinn angrily, which she rarely does. Quinn hates fights, but she'll have one if it means that she's protecting someone she loves.

"What was that?" Asked Connor as the two of them turned around and walked back towards us, angry expressions across both of their faces.

"You heard me. I said, you are such asses and manwhores." Quinn said, with clear confidence in her voice. For once she stood up to them, despite the large crowd forming around all of us.

"I'm sorry. Did it upset you we didn't get their names right?" Asked Cole with a whiny voice, as if he were a baby. He was obviously attempting to mock us, although Quinn didn't seem shaken by it.

"That's not the only thing that upsets me." Quinn spat, as if she were going to punch one of them in the face, which I would enjoy seeing.

"And what else upsets you there, Quinnie?" Connor asked, as he shook his head annoyed with Quinn. These two were never called out, so this was a first for both of them.