Chapter 19 - Guys Are Like The Weather, Nothing Can Be Done To Change Them

"I'm sorry but I just don't understand why you couldn't tell me over the phone." Natalie called to me as I rushed inside after the long car ride with her and her boyfriend Matt. He seemed polite, but the entire ride over here she bickered at me for not telling her sooner.

"It's not really a phone call topic, Natalie!" I called back to her as I began walking up the stairs angrily knowing she would react this way.

"Well, it would've been nice to have some idea that my baby sister is about to have a kid!" She yelled up as she stopped at the bottom of the stairs as Matt struggled to carry in all their bags at once while she just continued to argue with me.

"Maybe this is why!" I yelled to her from the top of the staircase as I stood a few feet away from my bedroom door and I couldn't wait to escape the yelling.

"Because I'm getting mad? The only reason I'm mad is because of didn't tell me sooner!" She exclaimed as if it really mattered all that much. It's not like I had a kid five years ago and I'm just telling her today.

"Because you were living across the country!" I called back down right before I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door shut.

At first she seems surprised, which I understand because it was unexpected but then she got all angry with me over it. Quinn tried to help me explain, but then she just got mad at Quinn.

I knew she would be surprised, but I didn't think it would be this big of a deal. It isn't like I wanted to keep it a secret from her but we haven't spoken to each other in months and there wasn't really ever a good time to mention it over the phone. I talked to her about two times since discovering the pregnancy and both of those times she was getting mad about her step-sister, Elena.

I just wish the people I worried the most about judging me over this were the ones supporting me. Natalie, Donnie, and even Roger wasn't very supportive when he found out. Obviously his opinion doesn't really effect me anymore but if he was my Dad I would care about what he thought.

"Hadley." I heard her call as there was a soft knock on my door with the sound of her comforting voice.

"I'm busy." I called to her despite how much I knew she'd want to apologize, I really didn't want to talk to her right now.

"Hadley, I'm sorry. It's just, I used to be the first person you'd tell everything. Now I feel like I'm the last person." She said calling through the closed door to me as I sat there in my bed listening to her speak. "We used to be best friends, but as soon as I left for university we grew apart and I miss us."

"Natalie, I wanted to tell you, but I looked up to you and I didn't want you to judge me like everyone else in the world does." I called back to her as I stood up from my ex to open the door.

"Hads, I'm not ever going to judge you for anything like that. I will completely support you in all of this, but I just wish that you would've come and told me about all of this sooner. I mean, you're my baby sis and I wish I could've been there for everything." She said and as soon as she finished I opened the door to find her standing there with a year slipping slowly down her rosy cheek.

"I should've told you, but I didn't want to tell anyone." I told her as I stood there while she looked at me with so much love. That's what a sister is. She didn't judge me, or turn away from me. Of course we've fought so many times, yet somehow she is still my best friend.

"And I understand that, so I'm not going to be mad just supportive from now on." She said as she opened her arms wide enough for me to embrace her in my own.

"Thank you." I whispered in her ear as we stood there in a completely comfortable hug.

"Natalie?" We heard am interrupting voice call as I pulled away to see Cody standing there looking shocked to see her here.