Chapter 13 - Guys Are Like Bananas, The Older They Get, The Less Firm They Are

"Hadley, hurry up or you'll be late!" My Mom called as I ran out of my bathroom quickly as I finished straightening my hair.

"I'm sorry! I'll be right down!" I yelled as I grabbed my phone and jacket and rushed down the stairs so I could go to my doctors appointment.

"And afterwards, I'm dropping you off at home and then I have to go and meet a lawyer about the divorce." She said as I slipped on some black flip flops as she stood at the door patiently waiting for me.

"Alright," I said nodding as I thought about my brothers.

When my Mom broke the news to them, they seemed fine, but they've started to realize that they won't come home to two parents anymore. They definitely started to take a hit with the news of a divorce, and they haven't seen their Dad in about a week now.

"Your brothers will be home from Kevin's at around five, so please be sure they're doing fine." She said with a small smile as I stood up from the chair ready to go with all of my things.

"Which lawyer are you meeting?" I asked her knowing we basically knew every lawyer in town, and most of them have worked or work for my Dad, so this should all be fairly interesting.

"Kyle's Dad." She said as she opened the front door.

"Wait, as in Mr. Kingston?" I asked her as I closed the door and she quickly locked it behind us as we headed for her silver jeep.

"Yes, he heard and told me he'd be willing to help out a family friend despite going against his boss." She said shrugging while unlocking the jeep as of it were a normal, everyday thing.

"Well, just be sure to get custody of the boys. Dad, he loves them, but he was never there and you at least tried to be." I said as I hopped into the passenger seat and slammed my door shut.

"I'm going to do everything I can, but I don't want to take them away from him." She said with a small smile as she began to pull out of our long driveway carefully.

"It's hard, isn't it?" I asked her scared about the situation I'm about to step into for the rest of my life.

"It is. Please, don't take your child away from their Dad, don't fight with Connor in front of this baby, and don't marry him unless you know you love him. I know you guys aren't together, but we'd always thought you guys would end up together. I just don't want it to be for the wrong reasons," she said as she drove onto the highway slowly and carefully so we wouldn't get hit by any other cars.

"I'm just scared I'll make the wrong decision." I said sighing as I looked at my stomach that was still very flat. I was told I wouldn't start showing until about twelve weeks, but I can tell my clothes are definitely getting tighter around my stomach.

"Good." She said with a smile as she continued to drive down the busy streets of Nashville.

"What do you mean good?" I asked her confused about her advice.

"If you're scared, you have something to lose. If you're scared, you are already in love with your child." She said as she quickly glanced at me while she spoke.

"I don't know what I have to lose though," I told her as she turned a corner and continued to drive quickly behind a variety of cars.