Chapter 20 - Guys Are Like Department Stores, Their Clothes Are Always 1/2 Off

"You are looking beautiful, Hadley." Kyle smiled as I stood in my turquoise dress that complimented my eyes nicely.

He was wearing a tux, and held white rose corsage in his hand as he smiled at me while my Mom stood there snapping pictures of the two of us.

"Well, you don't look too bad yourself." I smirked as he placed the corsage on my wrist gently while my Mom watched us carefully.

"Now, I want some pictures by the staircase and then in the front by the fountain." She smiled as I laughed at her embarrassed.

"Mom, can you please put the camera away?" I pleaded as Kyle continued to smile as he laughed at my reaction while he lead me to the bottom of the staircase.

"No, because this is your prom and I promised Mrs. Kingston I would get lots of pictures of the two of you." She announced as I stood there awkwardly smiling with Kyle at my side as he had a happy smile on his face.

It was our last week of high school. I was almost done and I was going right into the life of an adult. The last two days working at the bakery were great, my trainer, Kathy, is so funny and she's very encouraging. I can't wait until im out of training and then I can just fool around the way she does.

"Well, can we at least go and take them outside because Cole and Quinn will be here any minute." I sighed as she suddenly remembered that Cole and Quinn were the ones bringing the limo that the four of us were riding to the school in.

I haven't spoken much to Connor, apparently he was with his Dad who he can't stand. He hadn't tried to apologize yet, which makes me upset that I'm growing up for the sake of the baby and he can't even apologize for having sex with someone and letting them call me names. Cole is still mad at him, and I'm hoping he isn't there tonight because I don't want to start any more drama with him. I just want to have a good night with my friends.

I think we're riding with Asia, Jayden, Mike and Sam as well, but we haven't discussed it too much because Jayden and Asia have been obsessing over being aunts. I think they're a lot more excited then the Dad is about this baby, but I don't think anyone is more excited then me.

"Fine, go stand by the fountain. I even had the boys help Cory clean it up today so that it would look nice for the pictures." She smiled referring to our gardener who basically took care of everything outside. The gardens, grass, horses, fixing up the barn, and apparently cleaning up our fountain for pictures.

"Alright." I sighed as Kyle lead me towards the fountain with his hand on my back.

"You know, she's just trying to have some fun. Can you please smile at your senior prom pictures for your mother, try and seem happy." He asked as I rolled my eyes at him.

"I'm happy, and embarrassed." I smiled as the flash went off as he smiled for the picture.

"Just look at me and smile." He stated as I did exactly what he told me to do.

Apparently it was my Mom's favourite picture so far, she stated "Always looking at him." When she saw the photo, it was a really nice picture.

As we were standing there we saw the white limo pull up and our stepped Quinn and Cole with huge smiles on their faces as she rocked a deep red red with a red rose on her wrist.

"Hey guys! Hi Mrs. R!" Quinn smiled as her and Cole made their way to where we were standing to take some more pictures.

"Hey Q, looking good!" I smiled as she stood beside me with a dark shade of lipstick that accents her dark blonde hair nicely.

"Well I think I can say the same thing about you." She smiled as she bent down and looking at me stomach that had a minor bump, but it wasn't noticeable unless you were really trying to find something there. And if you poked it, it was hard and you would definitely be able to tell it wasn't just my rocking abs. "And you are looking stunning tonight." She whispered to the bump with a huge smile on her face as Cole held her hand with a smile.