17: the magical Appearing marshall lee

~*~

Marshall's POV

I felt uneasy and tense. Something was building up in my chest that I didn't like. I had no idea what it meant. I had no clue. It felt like a warning of some sort, of something bad. Maybe ever badder than I was. I silently slid off the roof and stepped inside of my house, tossing my acoustic guitar on the couch.

I felt as if someone was watching me. I turned myself around, observing my surroundings. Nothing was out if the ordinary- from what I could tell. I could still feel a dark presence in the room, though. The presence wrapped around the corners of the room; making my breathing heavy. It had no definite location, it was just all around, enveloping me in its darkness.

Of course I wasn't scared. The vampire king? Scared? You've got to be kidding me. More like gummyball, who would be scared.

I grinned at the thought. Little gum-gum, In my dark house, knees cartoonishly clicking together, his jaw clattering. Hah.

I puffed out my chest, slowly reaching towards my axe bass- just in case there actually was something there. Once my hand came in contact with the weapon, it felt as if a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. The room even lightened a bit.

I let my guard down, seeing that there was nothing wrong anymore, and flipped myself over my couch.

The sudden heavenly setting around me, made me slightly tired. I Yawned, stretching my arms upwards, and I fell asleep on the couch, drowning in my thoughts.

~*~

Fionna's POV

I woke up, the sun shining in my eyes. I was extremely tired. My amulet seemed to glow in the sunlight. It was strange, Marshall's necklace did something, but mine didn't. I was sure it had to do something.

I interrupted my own thoughts, and got out of my bed, throwing my sheets off myself. I drew open my closet with a smile, and picked out my normal attire, changing into it, brushing my hair out- and putting my bunny hat on. I then walked down the stairs, and opened the door- suspecting a clear sky and day- but ended up with Marshall lee.

"Hey fionna. Got any plans?"

I flipped through the imaginary calendar in my mind. "Hmmm- nope!"

He stuck his feet to the ground. "Good. Cuz' I don't either." He hinted, grabbing my arm and pulling me outside.

"So where's cake?" He asked.

"Oh- she's with lord monochromicorn." I shrugged. "I would have been all bored if you hadn't shown up."

"Aw. Really?" He gave me a puppy face, expecting me to laugh. But I didn't. I took it seriously, stopping in my tracks. "Yeah. Really. You're a lot of fun." I told him, looking deep into his eyes so he'd know I was being honest. He seemed to be caught off guard, and just scratched the back of his head with a bit of blush. He was blushing? strange. I continued walking, leaving the confused vampire in my dust.

A few seconds later, he flew right back up to me, having no problem keeping up with my quick pace. "So, where are we going, your majesty?" I teased.

"We're camping out." He smirked.

"What?"

"You heard me, we're camping out. my buddy coldin set it all up, and you're coming with me." He laughed. I just raised an eyebrow.

He continued to explain, lazily floating around me like a rag doll."You know, a campfire, s'mores. Songs and tents. There will be some of my friends there."

"Like who?"

"Meh, just some of my friends. Coldin, xander, thorn, zayden, brees.. You know. Them. I haven't really mentioned them because.. Well it's sorta like a reunion thing. We haven't been ...good friends for a while. Like 500 years I think. we had a bit of a... Disagreement way back. " He shrugged. "but its all good now."

"Ok..." I replied, still a bit confused. I didn't even know what camping was; let alone had i done it before. Heck, I didn't even know what tomato juice was.

Campfire? As in.. We camp.. And there's a fire? Sounded like some kind of demonic ritual to me. Marshall and his likings of old things...

He would constantly show me things that people used to do before the mushroom war. He once tried to teach me how to play a game called "ouija" which was pronounced "weegee". Apparently you had to move a triangle around with one hand or something, and spirits would talk to you and bunk. All that ended up happening- was ghost prince came and scolded us for playing that "game of the devil", and told us to put it away, before something bad happened.

We walked into some nearby woods, picking up sticks that Approved to his liking. I sighed. "Why are we doing this Marshall lee..."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "For the fire. They asked me to pick some sticks."

"2,4,6. Woo. Hoo." I sarcastically put.

"Little bunny doesn't like camping?"

"Little bunny doesn't know what camping is."

"I already told you."

"UG." I sighed, picking up yet another stick, making him chuckle.

He looked back up at me after a few minutes of stick picking. "I think we have enough."

I smiled, sighing. "Algebraic. Cause this bunk is making me mad bored."

Marshall led me out of the woods with an armful of sticks, whistling a melodic tune.

"Where are we going now?" I asked, observing my surroundings. It got dark, real fast. I wondered where the day went- it felt as if I had just woken up a few hours prior.

"Coldin's." he cooly replied. "He lives in the forever dark forest, so that would mostly explain why it's not day anymore."

"oh." I replied, readying myself for whatever was in that forest, placing a hand tightly on the zipper of my bag, where my sword was located. any monster that decided to mess with me- was not going to survive very long. I decided to unzip my bag, and pull put my crystal sword- that gave off a beautiful pink glow in the moonlight. "lets go then."

we began walking through the dark forest, me- looking around frantically, searching for enemies at every sharp turn. I was no longer fearless, which was a big surprise for myself. I usually wouldn't be the slightest bit scared in similar situations. I walked close to Marshall, just hoping he wouldn't float away or turn invisible on me. it seemed the actual forest was making me scared, and I don't think it was something I could control. it was just another thing to add on to the very short list of things i'm afraid of, including the ocean and the lich. ...But I would never tell that to anyone.

After a minute or two, Marshall stopped in his tracks, and turned to me with a sly grin. "We're here."

-------

I AM SUCH A BAD "AUTHOR" TO YOU GUYS!! AUGHHH I SHOULD HAVE UPDATED!!! well.. This is what I had, and I didn't have the patience to keep you all waiting around like this forever.... Im aware that it's unexplainably short- I'm going to write a part two. But for now... Here.